Full Job Description
Experience and Education 1. PhD degree with 3 years experience in biotech/ biopharma industry (or equivalent) in the development and characterization of mammalian cell culture processes.
2. Master's degree with 6+ years of postgraduate experience in biotech/ biopharma industry (or equivalent) in the development and characterization of mammalian cell culture processes.
3. Advanced experience in upstream bioprocessing in a laboratory setting, including knowledge of state-of-the-art equipment and industrial cell culture. Demonstrated ability to drive for results and generate innovative solutions with minimum supervision. Mastery of lab scale bioreactor systems and work with computerized process control equipment. Experience in transferring bioprocesses to pilot plants or manufacturing (cGMP) organizations and knowledge of data acquisition and controls systems in these environments is a plus. Experience with statistical experimental design and analysis of biological processes.
Job Duties 1. Works with team to direct, investigate and optimize innovative vector production methodologies.
2. Coordinate with team of scientists focused on developing and optimizing cell culture processes for recombinant viral vectors for early- and late-phase clinical trials.
3. Implement and integrate strategies into the work flows.
4. Design and execute mammalian cell culture experiments with the goal of developing robust and scalable processes for adeno-associated viral (AAV) vectors with appropriate product quality attributes for clinical applications.
5. Demonstrate leadership and capability to mentor junior colleagues, and fosters a team environment.
6. Troubleshoot scientific and technical challenges, and contribute to their resolution.
7. Analyze and communicate experimental results both orally and in written reports to colleagues and management.
8. Ensures effective, high-quality, timely and appropriate documentation in laboratory notebooks and internal Technical Reports.
9. Contribute to equipment procurement, laboratory set up and organization.
10. Contributes to a safe, efficient and effective lab environment with personal accountability.
11. Coordinate Process Development with Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and Project scientists.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Security This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Salary Salary Negotiable UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.