The Sr. Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter is responsible for a variety of Human Resources generalist duties, including but not limited to, Recruiting, Employee Relations, Immigration, Investigations, Training and Development, Benefits and Compensation.
This position is hands-on and requires strong knowledge of Human Resources Generalist responsibilities and Recruiting systems, tools and resources.
Primary responsibilities are focused on our Recruiting efforts and Employee Relations.
Responsible for developing innovative and aggressive methods to source, evaluate, and pipeline candidates.
Builds candidate pools, identifies potential candidates and uses cost-effective sourcing techniques to attract talent, minimizing the use of external agencies.
Fosters and cultivates relationships with key candidates and large talent pools to deliver upon both immediate short-term needs and strategic long-term initiatives.
Provide HR generalist support including a variety of employee relations matters, including investigations reorganizations, coaching and counseling on a variety of business matters.
- Works closely with the Human Resources Manager and HR team to develop and execute Human Resources initiatives.
- Conducts full Life Cycle Recruiting, including acquiring talent for any position, from non-exempt positions, IT and executive level roles. Conducts college recruiting as needed.
- Builds exceptional relationships with hiring managers of all organizational levels to review and understand the functions and qualifications for specific job requisitions.
- Proactively conducts research and investigate new ideas to find passive candidates. Sources active candidates from online databases, lists, internal databases, job boards, social media outlets and referrals. Screens candidates for availability, interest level, relocation needs, qualifications, and cultural fit
- Communicates effectively with hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruiting process. Utilize ATS (i.e. Workday) to track source and candidate information.
- Posts current openings on appropriate websites, manages candidate assessments and background checks and closes out candidates who aren’t selected in a timely fashion.
- Tracks recruiting processes within Workday to adhere to OFCCP guidelines for internet applicants, ensuring accuracy in reporting.
- Conducts employee investigations to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and applicable laws. Ensure company culture is maintained and reinforces cultural values when dealing with corrective action.
- Assists in preparing and executing EEO-1 reports and Affirmative Action Plans.
- Assists with training initiatives as needed, including performance management planning, harassment prevention, team building and other programs.
- Coaches managers and employees on a variety of employee matters, including Performance Improvement Plans.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization. Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
- Conducts New Employee Orientations as needed; conducts exit interviews, develops reporting and evaluates trends; recommends improvements based on feedback received from employees.
- Assists with comprehensive immigration processes, policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with related laws, rules and regulations.
- Serves as a company ambassador providing interface with candidates requiring immigration support ensuring that all documentation is procured and reviewed in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline (e.g., organizational development, industrial relations, education or other related field). Master’s a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of Recruiting and/or Human Resources Generalist experience including management/leadership experience as a Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential a plus.
- Knowledge of employment laws including but not limited to Title 7, ADA, FMLA, FLSA and ability to apply to workplace situations.
- Demonstrated experience with Recruitment and other modules in Workday.
- Experience with Linked In, Indeed and other major job sites.
- Ability to deal with multiple competing priorities
- Results Orientation (effective project and time management, sense of urgency, deadline driven)
- Exceptional leadership
- Exceptional Relationship building
- Business acumen
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Honest and ethical
- Consultative HR skills
- Cultural Awareness
- Strategic Mindset
- Exceptional customer service