Loudoun Free Clinic is seeking an energetic Volunteer Coordinator to manage all aspects of volunteer operations for its day-to-day operations.
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Department: Loudoun Free Clinic
Reports to: Clinical Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt; eligible for overtime pay
Developed: November 2011
Board Reviewed: December 2011
Revised: May 2019
Summary: This is a part-time hourly position. Twenty (20) hours per week are to be spent for the purpose of supporting Loudoun Free Clinic through development and management of the Volunteer Program. Some weekend and evening hours may be required at times. Schedule may be flexible based on volunteer needs as long as pre-approved by supervisor.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Guarantee existence of a volunteer pool required to operate the Clinic by identifying needs and actively recruiting volunteers from within the community through a variety of activities, outreach and presentations to organizations, schools, civic and other groups, telephone solicitations, written communications, etc. Attend volunteer-related meetings and events.
- Develop and conduct volunteer orientation & training.
- Develop and conduct volunteer recognition activities.
- Processes volunteer applications. Complete reference checks. Conduct interviews. When applicable, register volunteers with VA Risk Management program.
- Maintain volunteer database.
- Oversee volunteers and volunteer groups who perform work at and for the Clinic. Responsible for overall coordination and evaluation of volunteers to ensure that work is completed satisfactorily and volunteers conduct themselves appropriately.
- Work with staff to ensure volunteer needs are met.
- Supervise scheduling and assignments for volunteers.
- Conduct reminder correspondence for volunteer assignments.
- Provide reports and statistics on volunteer activities.
- Create and distribute volunteer newsletters and announcements at a frequency mutually agreed upon with supervisor.
- Arrange for the donation of meals and refreshments for volunteers during Clinic operations. Maintains kitchen supplies.
- Order and maintain volunteer name tags
- Assistance with event management, marketing as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- General office experience and volunteer management knowledge required.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, database and word processing software. Experience with Microsoft programs including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Experience with Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft Access preferred.
- Knowledge of website and social media management functions.
- Ability to propose creative solutions to needs and problems utilizing minimal resources.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment and willingness to represent the organization to the public in a cheerful and helpful manner.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Must have a driver’s license and transportation.
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds.
- Associate or Bachelors Degree required.
- Non-profit organization experience and/or medical background preferred.
Loudoun Free Clinic offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid holidays, generous PTO (paid time off). For Part-time employees, supplemental AFLAC coverage is available. Eligible employees may participate in a Simple IRA fund with Employer Match.
Please submit a cover letter with your salary requirements.
Job Type: Part-time
- Volunteer Management: 1 year (Required)
- Database: 1 year (Required)
- Medical/Non-profit: 1 year (Required)
- Excel/Microsoft: 1 year (Required)