**Learn more and apply to score at our website:
**Reading Test Scoring**
Earn PDP’s! Network with fellow educators! Make a difference!
_What is it?_
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson is seeking qualified reading and literacy educators to score the essay sections of the MTEL Foundations of Reading and Reading Specialist teacher licensure tests.
Our sessions take place from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm on weekdays at our facility in Hadley, MA, near the UMass Amherst campus. Scoring sessions typically last two to three days and take place throughout the year.
_What is required to score?_
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, and
- A current Massachusetts Reading Specialist teaching license OR recent college level teaching experience in reading and literacy in a teacher preparation program
- A current Massachusetts Elementary Ed or Special Ed teaching license and additional reading-specific credentials
Both active and retired teachers can be eligible to score, provided they hold a current teaching license and have availability year round - Monday thru Friday.
_What are the benefits?_
All scorers are
Scorers travelling long-distance are:
- Compensated for their time
- Eligible for Professional Development Points
- Able to accept or decline invitations to each scoring session as their availability allows.
- Provided with hotel accommodations
- Reimbursed for travel expenses
_Why should I consider scoring?_
Scoring offers the opportunity to network with other professionals and stay abreast of the latest developments in your field. Scorers have a direct impact on the quality of the next generation of teachers and help to maintain professional standards. Scorers enjoy the change of pace, the mental challenge and the opportunity to give back to their educational field.
- Please do not apply through the "Apply Now" link, instead visit the website below to complete an application for this specific job.\
** Project/Temporary Workforce
** Assessments School
** Day Job
** Apr 22, 2019
** Jul 1, 2019
** Part-time Temporary
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.