Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide general information, directions, and other forms of assistance to visitors.
- Understand and maintain ongoing knowledge of Arlington National Cemetery
- An Associate’s Degree and no less than three years of relevant work experience such as a visitor use assistant, docent, park guide, or in-person customer service; or
- Five years of relevant experience such as a visitor use assistant, docent, park guide, or in-person customer service.
- VIA personnel assigned to the Information Desk at the Welcome Center must have the following:
Basic computer skills, the ability to operate kiosks and basic office equipment, the ability to communicate clearly in written electronic mail (emails).
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language with sufficient fluency to support the requirements within this contract
- Possess required state motor vehicle licenses or certifications for operating equipment and vehicles used in the execution of this contract
This position requires employees to be able to: stand, for long periods of time, walk, sit, bend, reach, stoop, and squat
Requires excellent customer service skills, via telephone and face to face communication, must be fluent in the English lanaguage both, in written and oral communication.