ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading service organization in the manufacturing market; they are looking to hire a Staff Accountant. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Maintain the fixed assets including; depreciation schedules, provide monthly analysis to leadership, and ensure proper recording new purchases
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Compile and analyze data in preparation of monthly WIP reporting
- The Staff Accountant will be responsible for job costing and revenue reporting
- The Staff Accountant will be responsible for account reconciliations
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Assist with the reporting to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
We are looking for a degreed Staff Accountant with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you are able to work effectively with minimal oversight, while also functioning well in a team environment.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Direct or indirect management experience is not required but preferred
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Corporate accounting / General ledger experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction
Apply with a resume for immediate consideration!
Keywords: staff accountant, accounting, accountant, general ledger accountant, finance, Accounting Manager, Senior Accountant, Accounting Supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Flexible schedules
- Employee discounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Child Care benefits
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Commuting/travel assistance