Are you one of us...?
Do you *LOVE* dogs?
Don't mind weather of any kind?
Are you a reliable person?
Do you have a positive attitude?
Are you blessed with lots of common sense and problem solving skills?
Do you look cute with a poop bag in your hand?
Do you LOOOOOVE dogs? (Wait, sorry -- asked that one already!)
Are you looking for a job that will earn you $35,000 a year and 45-50,000+ a year if you're a rock star? If so, you may be in luck! Details of our compensation structure will be shared during the interview.
Pets a Go Go is a well established and highly reputable dog walking and pet sitting company servicing only Westchester County and we are currently seeking a new team member to take on a full route for our selective clientele.
To apply for this position, you must meet the following criteria:
* You must be 21 years or older (insurance requirement)
* You must be able to pass a criminal background check as well as a urine drug test
* Your license must be free or have very limited DMV (and be willing to take a defensive driving course to wipe them) or insurance points within the last 3 years.
* You must be punctual, reliable and willing to work in all weather conditions including heat, humidity, rain and snow.
* You MUST be available Monday-Friday at least 9am-5pm for this position - sorry, this is NOT negotiable as well as rotational early mornings, weekends and holidays (every 2-3 weeks). Details regarding oncall will be shared during the interview.
* You must be a self-starter, equipped with an abundance of common sense, and able to work on your own without micro-management after a period of in-house and field training.
* You must have a smart phone and be comfortable sending and receiving texts and emails.
* You must be able to commit for 12 MONTHS MINIMUM.
* You must LOVE dogs!!!! Preference will be given to those who have professional experience.
* You should live within or extremely close to Westchester County. Oncall days can be long and adding a significant commute can and does cause very quick burnout. If you live in one of the New York City boroughs, you will not be considered given the distance and travel time.
Being the main caretaker for a dog throughout their life during your adult years is important as well. Previous experience working with bully breeds or a fearful/dog reactive dog is a HUGE plus.
Our pay is the most competitive in the industry and will include comprehensive training/continuing education and benefits including a company vehicle (to those residing within Westchester County), corporate smartphone and GPS.
We operate on a hands-on basis meaning you will be walking/hiking individual or small groups or dogs and you will be paid by the dog household, not by the hour (which means more money for you if you're efficient and smart about how you work). Within reason, we cover all maintenance and expenses with regard to our corporate cars.
We're a fun bunch to work with and our team members love their positions within our company!
Please remember though, pet care is is a business so we expect our team to be professional and committed to their jobs at all times.
To apply for this position, please reply with the following: your name, if you're 21 or above, what town you reside in along with your previous experience (professional and volunteer) with dogs.
We'd also like to know why you think you'd be a good fit for our team and anything else you think is pertinent for us to know about you! Resumes and photos are always appreciated.
We are looking forward to meeting our new team member soon!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year