Shaw Mountain of Cascadia, LLC is currently seeking serious, energetic people who want to work as part of a great team in a great environment as an Occupational Therapist. Shaw Mountain is the first of the Cascadia Healthcare facilities in the Treasure Valley; an exciting company who is rapidly growing and is currently hiring talented and motivated OTs. If you are a team player, and are passionate about caring for our seniors you will be the perfect fit!
An Occupational Therapist (OT) is responsible for the assessment of referred patients that require rehabilitation services which includes: providing direct patient care to assess their medical condition, functional capabilities, limitations and restrictions and potential for rehabilitation. The OT will establish and administer a treatment program with specific goals determined according to the patient's capacity and tolerance under the direction of a physician. The OT must set realistic and achievable goals for their patients, document and record the patient's condition and educate patients and families in an appropriate occupational therapy method.
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- Current State license as an Occupational Therapist.
- Current CPR certification.
- Six months experience in a long term care environment preferred.
- Oversee/Coordinate daily resident therapy programs.
- Optimizes the functionality and skills of patients by providing, directing and/or overseeing therapy in the following: screening of all residents, assessing and treating all patients who might benefit from therapy as referred by state-approved referral source.
- Adheres to Minimum Data Set (MDS) procedures and effective care planning.
- Thoroughly document progress toward identified objectives and communicating patient status and needs to the patient, family, and other involved professionals.
- Refers patients for treatment to Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTA), where appropriate.
- Provides consultation and clinical supervision to COTAs in the facility.
- Directs COTA(s) and Rehab Aide(s) in skilled tasks during group and individual treatment in a manner that promotes efficient and effective utilization of resources and facilitate the ongoing development of clinical skills in accordance with State Practice Acts, Omnibus Reconciliation Act (OBRA).
- Build a strong rehabilitation practice within each facility by performing or directing and supervising occupational therapy staff in the following activities: establishing and maintaining courteous and helpful interaction patterns with staff, patients, and families which reflect sensitivity to individual needs and a problem solving approach; actively integrating therapy’s role into facility and interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Contribute to facility patient care, utilization review, case management, administrative staff/department head meetings, and family conference activities/communications.
- Ensures punctuality and regular attendance for assigned shifts.
- Provides skilled occupational therapy services / interventions in accordance with physician orders.
- Assesses patient needs, plans for, evaluates and modifies care to meet goals of occupational therapy interventions.
- Communicate effective treatments and procedures to residents, families, and nursing facility.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Attend Staff meetings and conducts necessary training in accordance with state regulations.
- Should be patient, polite and be able to communicate effectively with residents, their family members, physicians and other staff.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Wage is Depending On Experience.
- Dental, Vision
- Life & Health Insurance
- 401k, Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
- Free Parking
Culture Development: It is our intention that Cascadia operate as a collaborative environment. We work as a family of facilities focused on our values.
Employee Development: Our employees are our biggest asset, and we are invested in them. We want our employees to have the training and education they need to perform their jobs well.
Quality Care: To provide personalized care in a caring, comfortable setting.
Apply by completing an online application here, in person M-F 8-5pm or call 208-398-3566 to set up an interview. We look forward to adding you to our team!
- Shaw Mountain of Cascadia, LLC
- 909 Reserve Street
- Boise ID 83712
Our mission- "BE A F.O.R.C.E. FOR GOOD"
- Family : It's about being a family at Shaw Mountain. We go out of our way to help out our co-workers and our residents.
- Ownership : Self accountability makes a great team member which creates quality outcomes for those we care for.
- Responsibility : At Shaw Mountain, our staff takes on the important responsibility of patient and resident centered care. We want to excel at what we do so we can provide the highest quality care.
- Celebration : We work at a place that celebrates our success, whether that be in our jobs or our personal lives, which makes working at Shaw Mountain a most rewarding experience.
- Experience : We look for talented people who are not only experienced, but those who want to learn and grow. We foster a TEAM environment and we aim to create the absolute BEST team.
Shaw Mountain of Cascadia Offers Great Team, Pay & Competitive Benefits! :
- Great Location We are conveniently located in the Heart of Downtown Boise near St. Luke's.
- Competitive Salary We pride ourselves on rewarding great work with great compensation.
- Residents First Mentality We promote a unique culture that focuses on our residents to receive the best care possible.
- Extensive Benefits We provide full healthcare, dental, and vision options.
- Team Building Strong teams are built upon relationships and trust. We focus on activities that help us grow individually and as a work family to further our capabilities as a team
- Our Mission We are a FORCE FOR GOOD focused on enhancing the lives of those we care for.
Shaw Mountain of Cascadia Is An Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full-time
- occupational therapy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Occupational Therapist (Required)