RIVA Solutions Inc is seeking a Proposal Coordinator/Writer to support out Corporate office in Tysons Corner, VA.
The Proposal Coordinator/Writer plans and writes proposal responses; leads and coordinates the proposal process and timeline; plans and facilitates proposal strategy kickoff meetings; works directly with technical staff to develop and implement win strategies, writes technical approaches, and tailors resumes and project profiles; edits, proofreads and organizes large volumes of proposal data; and coordinates reviews and production.
- Analyzes requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for quotes (RFQs), sources sought notices and requests for information (RFIs) and outlines and organizes proposal/submittal to be responsive to client requirements, including content, format, forms and other information.
- Leads proposal kickoff meetings that include the project manager and other technical/business development personnel, prepares proposal preparation schedule and coordinates writing assignments.
- Compiles materials for proposals, quotes, and other responses, ensuringresponse is compliant and compelling while meeting all client requirements. This involves conducting search for appropriate materials, such as related project descriptions and resumes of project personnel.
- Participates with project managers in the selection and recommendation of appropriate projects and personnel to be included in proposal, according to the solicitation requirements.
- Proofreads and edits proposal text written by project manager and technical subject matter experts (SMEs) for compliance, clarity, proper grammar, spelling and style. Also proofreads and edits existing project summaries, resumes of project personnel and other supporting materials.
- Performs desktop publishing for proposals in MS Word to ensure proposal documents are properly formatted, easy to read and visually appealing.
- Coordinates with graphic designers to ensure that any required graphic arts materials, such as covers, layout sheets, photographs, organization charts, etc., are produced to specifications and are ready to be included in the submittal. Reviews and proofreads these materials.
- Follows through with production of submittals, including printing, collating, binding and packaging.
- Supports maintenance of proposal database by developing and consistently updating resumes, project descriptions and other proposal text.
- Assists with additional submissions, such as forms and registrations/renewals to keep company information, contracts and statuses up to date.
- Works extra hours to meet proposal deadlines as necessary during busy periods.
- Undergraduate degree in English, journalism, marketing or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in proposal writing and/or coordination, with experience in federal government proposal writing and/or contracting. • Excellent researching, reading and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to support and manage multiple concurrent projects with shifting priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel); InDesign experience a plus.
- High comfort level with software and technology in general.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of colleagues with varying levels of proposal experience, and direct and guide a team through the proposal process
RIVA Solutions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.