***Merakey offers all full-time associates, a full benefits package including: health, dental, eye plan, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and much more. This position includes on-call pay and a generous travel stipend in addition to benefits package.***
Merakey is currently seeking a Peer Support Specialist to join our Behavioral Health Division in our Hammond, LA location.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee .
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
The Peer Support Specialist (PSS) performs a range of tasks through individual and group encounters to assist consumers in regaining control over their own lives and over their own recovery process. The PSS will role model competency in recovery and ongoing coping skills, serve as a consumer advocate, provide information and peer support in their communities, inpatient or emergency settings. The PSS also provides essential expertise and consultation to other team members in promoting a recovery-oriented culture and practice of service provision and in understanding the consumers' perspective and subjective experience. Services are provided in accordance with all existing policies, procedures and regulations and in accord with the mission and value of the company. This position will require travel within the region as well as an on-call rotation.
Peer Specialist Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach program participants on how to develop and practice skills needed to achieve goals outlined in their recovery plan and for maintaining personal wellness.
- Teach self-advocacy skills.
- Willing to share his or her own recovery experience while being aware that each person's road to recovery is unique.
- Participate in team meetings and promote a recovery perspective.
- Keep team and supervisors informed of problematic issues, obstacles, and accomplishments experienced by individuals in working toward their respective recovery goals.
- Initiate and complete WRAP plans
- Support individuals in the performance of ADLs
Minimum -- High School Diploma, l year clinical experience working with adults with severe mental illness. Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and recovery driven service system. Will complete Certified Peer Specialist Training. "Lived" personal life experience is a REQUIREMENT of this position. Ability to establish professional relationships with peers. Valid LA Drivers License and appropriate state and federal clearances.
$13.00 /hour + $6,000 annual travel stipend and competitive on-call pay rates.
Check us out online at www.merakey.org/
Click on Careers under Career Opportunities
Search for Requisition Number:
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
High school diploma, 1 year clinical experience working with adults with severe mental illness. Peer Specialist certification preferred. Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and recovery driven service system. Valid driver's license. Ability to establish professional relationships with peers. Willing to work in a communtiy based setting. Preferred certification, if not certified must meet the requirements to become a Certfied Peer Support Specialist through OBH.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled