Library Systems & Services, LLC (LS&S) is seeking friendly, enthusiastic, and service oriented Library Associate(s) for the Sumter County Library System located in Central Florida. The five Branch locations are; Bushnell Public Library, E.C. Rowell Public Library, Panasoffkee Community Library, The Villages Public Library at Belvedere, and The Villages Public Library at Pinellas Plaza.
The Library Associate 2 position is an entry level position with both full-time and part-time opportunities. Under direction from management, the Library Associate 2 performs a variety of moderately complex technical and paraprofessional duties in support of various sections/functions of the library; primarily at the circulation desk. Provides customer service to library patrons.
- Provides customer service by welcoming and registering patrons, issuing library cards, checking out materials and managing patron accounts
- Assists patrons with locating materials or the reference desk, using computers, or explaining procedures (checking out, logging onto the Internet, making copies, etc.)
- Checks in and processes library materials as necessary
- Accepts and processes fines, fees, or other payments
- Provides information regarding programs, events, conference rooms, etc.
- Mails library materials as necessary for patron homebound programs
- Shelves library materials
- Addresses or escalates patron conduct or safety issues to appropriate management
- Know and understand the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
- Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Two years of library experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of library systems and databases preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Multilingual speaking a plus
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include a combination of days, evenings and weekends
LS&S is an EOE; Veterans/Disability