Facility and Maintenance Manager
Bay City Flower Company, an established nursery/greenhouse operation with over 100 years in business, is looking for a Facility and Maintenance Manager to work in an agricultural setting. Bay City Flower grows, sells and ships ornamental potted plants nationwide and distributes to grocery chains, mass markets, garden centers, florists and wholesalers.
The Maintenance Manager oversees the Facilities Maintenance function and associates of the department. Their primary internal customers are the managers, supervisors, growers and office personnel of the company along with repair and maintenance requests that can come from any associate. The goal of the maintenance manager is to manage his team to repair and maintain the facilities to insure the weekly production schedules produce a quality product on time.
- Manages, motivates, trains, evaluates, and reviews maintenance personnel.
- Schedules maintenance employees to work on projects, repairs, and preventative maintenance in a timely manner.
- Oversees the hiring and use of contractors and contracted maintenance employees working on company property and equipment, ensuring they work safely and efficiently.
- Works with the available resources and oversees projects, purchases, preventative maintenance and work orders.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of plant equipment and machinery.
- Recommend and purchase new equipment, tools, and repair parts, within budget.
- Assist in purchase, design, and installation of equipment and work areas.
- Responsible for maintaining an efficient parts and supply inventory.
- Ensures that all work areas are maintained as safe, clean work areas.
- Work with all facilities employees in seeking ways to eliminate waste and inefficiency throughout the company. - Maintain and promote team relationship within the site operations team.
- Perform such other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Must have leadership skills, and be able to work well with other employees.
- Good work habits and ability to manage time well.
- Maintains and promotes a safe working environment.
- Design and implement safety programs
- Responsible for addressing facility breakdowns that can occur after work hours, weekends and holidays.
To apply for the position please email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time