JOB TITLE: Associate Director of Education Support
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Education Programs
SALARY: $40,000 - $45,000
JOB FUNCTIONS: According to the mission and vision of the organization, provides dynamic and responsive leadership for the educational programs for school age students and adults. Oversees staff who coordinate each aspect of the education program and ensures outcomes for children youth and adult are met
1. Supervise transition Coordinator
2. Meet regularly with the parents of school age children
3. Support transitioning families to determine and assist with school needs
4. Coordinate data collection for First Hug families with HELP team and Case managers – Attendance records and assessment/testing records
5. Assist and facilitate with education progress and staffing for children with special needs
6. Travel to Hillsborough County schools and other educational settings to advocate for the students and their needs, developing a collaborative, working relationship with Hillsborough County elementary, middle and high schools and adult education providers
7. Understand county, state, and federal guidelines governing homeless education rights and special education and advocates accordingly
8. Coordinate and communicate regularly with Project Promise tutors from SDHC and assists with all data collection required by Project Promise
1. Supervise Adult Education Coordinator
2. Coordinate with adult education team and case mgrs. to assist clients in implementation of Life Long Learning Plans
3. Follow up with clients on education task lists and adult education enrollments and ongoing support
4. Facilitate partnerships and relationships with SDHC Adult Ed providers and other local adult education programs
5. Coordinate programming with SDHC on-site GED program staff.
School Age Program Support
1. Supervise After School and Youth Coordinators
2. Support coordinators to hire, train and manage after school and youth programs regular staff and seasonal staff.
3. Provide professional development and training for staff team.
4. Develop volunteer training plan to support school age programs.
5. Collect data to track attendance in programming and overall progress of youth. Maintain compliance with CREATE grant and all STEAM grants
6. Be knowledgeable of community resources and agencies and develop new partnerships to serve our children and youth.
1. Develop processes to track and monitor outcomes and coordinate all process improvement projects for department.
2. Participate in program team meetings (i.e. Client Care Team Meeting) and advocate for youth’s and adult’s educational needs.
3. Take initiative in selecting and attending appropriate workshops, conferences, seminars, etc. to upgrade and enhance professional development skills and access services for youth and adults
4. Assist the Senior Director as needed and perform any tasks assigned.
5. Participate in Metropolitan Ministries holiday efforts, Bridge Builders and other fund raising events when needed.
6. Provide tours of the facilities and speak on behalf of Metropolitan Ministries as needed.
7. Demonstrate flexibility in work schedule to ensure that client/program needs are being met
8. Support the team in other tasks as assigned.
9. Meet personal goals and actively contribute to the achievement if the team and organizational targets/goals as stated on the Balanced Scorecard and in the annual plan.
10. Keep confidential records according to the Code of Ethics. Maintain professional boundaries.
11. Adhere to all policies of Metropolitan Ministries and /or its PEO
Education and Experience: Master’s degree in education related field. Must qualify under State of Florida and related background requirements. Minimum of three years experience in the field of social services or education. Direct experience working with children and parents required. Must demonstrate a heart for serving poor and homeless families.
Skill Requirements: Must be able to work effectively with children and parents, representing and communicating their status and progress to small groups and professionals within a network comprised of the Hillsborough County School District, Metropolitan Ministries service providers, and applicable and related social service providers in the surrounding community. This position requires the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary framework; should be computer literate with knowledge of Access, Excel, and Microsoft Word desirable. Must be able to communicate effectively in English, orally as well as in writing, and demonstrate a high level of comfort in this performance through home visits, conducting meetings, etc. Therefore, strong interpersonal and supervisory skills are required. The position also mandates a strong level of maturity, sensitivity to issues of faith, cultural diversity, and the social skill to handle job-related matters in a professional and diplomatic manner.
Physical requirements: Must have adequate hearing and speaking ability as to take part in and provide sound oral communication and information. Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to transport self and clients when necessary. Must be capable of working outdoors in sunlight and higher temperatures for extended periods of time on occasion. Must have the physical, emotional, and spiritual stamina to handle job-related issues and stress.
Other: Must be available to work during normal school hours. Must be available for evening meetings as needed. Must demonstrate legal authorization to work in the United States. Must pass required background pre-employment screening.