For NIKE, Inc., merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team analyzes consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next and deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
As our Senior Recruiter, you'll create and manage effective strategies and processes to identify, source, assess, and recommend the most qualified Merchandising and/or Global Merchandising and Operations/Analytics talent. You'll utilize advanced recruitment methodologies that are designed to deliver a qualified and diverse slate of candidates to hiring managers in an effective and efficient manner.
You'll provide subject matter expertise on NIKE's recruitment processes including using an applicant tracking system, a contact management database (CRM) and social networking platforms, in addition to creating and posting requisitions, conducting resume reviews, telephone/in-person screening of candidates and candidate tracking and dispositioning within the applicant tracking system. You'll also lead the process of developing and executing an end to end merchandising recruitment strategy working with HRBP’s and the business. You'll utilize broad market knowledge to creatively network to build, manage and maintain a pipeline of qualified talent communities. You'll develop strong partnerships with the business, on a strategic level, that will enable you to have consultative discussions with hiring managers and senior leaders regarding candidates' viability and acquisition strategy.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline, or an additional 2 years' business experience in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years' combined experience full cycle agency recruiting coupled with in-house recruiting within a global retail merchandising organization.
- Strong knowledge of core Merchandising workflows and process including but not limited to Consumer Insights; Capacity Planning; GTM Process; OTB Process
- Understanding of creative roles and candidate pipelines including: image artists and studio managers.
- Experience and exposure to hiring for analytics skillsets including data science and business intelligence.
- Executive and strategic communication skills, including the ability and judgment to partner with business leadership, Human Resources partners and hiring managers.
- Successful track record in hiring executive (Director and above) roles.
- Knowledge of Nike and/or competitor merchandising organizations, structures and core talent capabilities
- Strong competency in cold calling, networking, innovative sourcing, and building talent communities within unique functional areas. Strong internet recruiting, social networking and technology/database searching/mining skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of acquisition practices, principles, applications and methods, including interviewing and assessment skills
- Experience using an applicant tracking system is required; experience with Taleo and Avature CRM is strongly preferred
- Experience in facilitation of behavioral-based interviewing is preferred
- Must be customer focused and serve as an acquisition advisor
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, and tolerance of ambiguity
- Awareness of and sensitivity to influence and work successfully with diverse groups of people including senior leaders
- Excellent time and program management skills
- High degree of independent decision-making and problem-solving capability
- Track record of innovation in acquisition of senior-level talent, and building sustainable strategies to support the same is required
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and have an affinity for social good