R&D Associate, Nutrition Scientist
RB is the world’s leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a R&D Associate, Nutrition Scientist to join our R&D team in Parsippany, NJ.
The Nutrition Scientist role is integrated within Global Medical Affairs and responsible for strategic medical and evidence generation activities throughout the entire life cycle of the product. This role is key in guiding and shaping innovation and development of the Global Vitamins, Minerals & Supplements Category (VMS). Under the guidance of the Medical Lead, this role will provide expert technical input on all medical and clinical matters and help define and drive the medical evidence strategy that supports new product development. In close partnership with Marketing, Innovation, and Product Development this role is critical in shaping the innovation strategy for the category and advancing the reach and effectiveness of RB’s Healthcare business.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum of an MS or PhD in a Life Science with preference in Human Nutrition is required. Registered Dietitian is highly desirable.
· 2+ years of relevant consumer healthcare industry experience in a pharmaceutical, OTC, nutritional, medical device or life sciences company is required
· Previous medical affairs experience in New Product Development with examples of successful product launches.
· Experience of working closely with commercial colleagues and an understanding of corporate and operational business issues
· Ability to understand, interpret and communicate medical and scientific information is essential
· Effective medical and scientific writing skills
· Knowledge of healthcare regulations, evidence generation, clinical trials, promotional affairs and KOL management
· Broad knowledge of international regulatory frameworks as they relate to medical and clinical requirements for product registration and research
· International understanding and flexibility to travel / work across locations and time zones
· Experience of guiding teams, managing in a matrix and working with ambiguity
· Strong people, influencing and relationship skills built in a complex matrix environment
· Capable of building strong working relationships and motivating teams to deliver outstanding results with or without hierarchical relationships
· Commercial understanding of corporate and operational business issues
· Ability to transform solid thinking into action (a thinker and achiever)
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral (in English)
· Excellent presentation skills in front of diverse and large audiences
· Strong intellectual curiosity
· Appetite for exploring new ideas and innovating
· Openness to change and ability to think out of the box
· Strong delivery focus and an eye for detail
In return, RB will offer you a very competitive salary with excellent benefits, a fast-paced working environment with incredible opportunities to develop yourself, and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time