The United Methodist Youth Home, Inc. (UMYH) is a private, non-profit agency. Our mission is helping at-risk youth become responsible and productive members of the community. We are seeking a full-time therapist to provide diagnostic assessments, individual therapy, and group therapy to youth in one of our group homes in our residential treatment program.
- Perform assessments and collect diagnostic information to create treatment plans for individual youth.
- Provide individual and group therapy to youth participating in the program.
- Provide family therapy to youth and their family.
- Work with youth on developing:
- Healthy, effective coping skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Anger management skills
- Symptom management (PTSD, ODD, Anxiety, Depression, AD/HD, etc.
- Impulse control skills
- Improved self-esteem and self-worth
- Improved compliance with authority figures
- Treat crisis situations as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field. MSW/LSW required.
- TF-CBT certification a plus.
Job Type: Full-time