No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you're helping some of the world's best-known brands succeed in bringing any experience at the heart of the Internet, to any device, anywhere. Our Sales teams align Akamai solutions to customer needs, developing relationships with executives and developing insight to help them get the most value from Akamai’s solutions through web experience, performance and security.
Akamai is looking for driven, smart and experienced sales executives who can foster and develop existing client relationships and usage. Our sales organization offers the unique culture of a “startup” feel with the actual security of proven success. Akamai’s Major Account Executive is responsible for maximizing revenue generation within their assigned territory through named existing accounts, enabling their customers to become more successful and profitable online.
As a Major Account Executive, you will be responsible for:
About the Team:
- Developing a strategic sales plan, which includes proactively developing account plans, as well as maximize the territory opportunities through new account acquisition and existing customer revenue growth.
- Utilizing marketing resources to create and manage a high-volume sales pipeline through successful execution of the sales plan.
- Record customer development activities within our CRM to ensure forecast accuracy and planning.
- Articulate Akamai’s value proposition to C-Level executives and corporate decision makers.
- Manage and drive contract negotiations to guarantee customer satisfaction and adoption of Akamai technology.
- Work within integrated partnerships with sales engineers to ensure consultative engagement with prospects and customers.
- Negotiating contracts and or renewals that maximize customer usage and satisfaction.
As an industry leader with the world’s largest, most robust distributed computing platform, we offer sales teams world-class training and support, industry-leading lead generation and cultivation programs, significant growth opportunities, and dynamic, highly scalable compensation packages. Our sales organization is made up of highly, driven successful and bright individuals that thrive on innovation. We are proud that 90% of our sales management team has developed their careers with us, and look for those with similar ambitions and drive for success. The Major Account Executive will be part of the Public-Sector Region reporting into the Regional Sales Director for Civilian Agencies & SLED
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelors’ degree, or
- 3 years of relevant experience and a Masters’ degree
- Minimum or 5 years successful sales experience in system / solution sales, focused on SLED
- Proven Track Record in SLED over-achieving quarterly and annual quotas of 3 million and higher through direct field sales.
- High ethics, integrity, and personal drive.
- Strong knowledge of Internet and telecommunications concepts and demonstrate the ability to discuss them with intelligence and conviction.
- Formal sales training and understanding of: Solution-Selling and/or Value Selling training or other metrologies.
- Ideal candidates will bring with them a range of Internet industry-related contacts.
- Strong background in Internet infrastructure and/or enterprise solution software required.
- 3 to 4 years of selling within the security or networking sector is desired.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.