Arizona Department of Administration
Delivering results that matter by providing best in class support services.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS):
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Equipment Repair Technician
General Services Division
2500 E. Van Buren St
Phoenix AZ 85008
The Arizona Department of Administration is actively recruiting an Equipment Repair Technician for the General Services Division (GSD). The Equipment Repair Technician is responsible for the scheduling of repairs, inspections, preventive maintenance, and overhaul of the Arizona State Hospital’s emergency generator sets; setting priorities in equipment repairs to fully utilize available personnel; preparing reports and tracking equipment history; researching prices and ordering materials to repair grounds, maintenance, engineering and custodial equipment and emergency generator systems; repairing of the grounds unit heavy and light landscaping equipment and tools; inspecting, diagnosing, and repairing mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and electronic systems on a wide variety of automotive and heavy construction equipment; updating and maintaining service and repair records.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Performs major/minor repairs and preventive maintenance on the electric/battery powered operated vehicles. Maintains a complete record of maintenance and repairs performed on each vehicle or piece of equipment. Researches parts and supplies.
- Performs major/minor repairs and preventive maintenance on the heavy duty equipment (e.g. dump trucks, street sweeper, tractor, trailer, generators, etc).
- Performs major/minor repairs and preventive maintenance on riding mowers, push mowers, edgers, renovators, stripping machine, air compressor, etc.
- Utilizes computerized maintenance management system for work orders, parts orders, updates, and completion data. Able to work day/night shift and weekends to support 24x7 operations.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Interact with customers from beginning to completion of each work order. Interact with contractors to schedule, assist, and ensure on-time completion of contracted projects.
- Explore and seek out any opportunities for improving equipment performance and longevity.
- Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
- The operation and construction of gasoline and diesel engines
- The procedures, tools, equipment and materials common to the trade
- Record keeping and inventory practices
- Repair of heavy duty diesel equipment, gasoline and electric powered vehicles and air cooled machines
- Management and supervision knowledge
- Diagnosing problems in mechanical, electrical, electronic, and/or hydraulic systems in a wide variety of automotive/heavy construction equipment
- Repairing, rebuilding, and overhauling mechanical, electrical, electronic, and/or hydraulic systems in a wide variety of automotive/heavy construction equipment
- Performing safety/preventive maintenance inspections on a wide variety of automotive/heavy construction equipment
- Using computerized diagnostic analyzer equipment
- Understanding manufacturer's service and repair manuals. Able to follow oral and written instructions
- Diagnose problems/malfunctions in a wide variety of equipment
- Inspect, service, repair and install a wide variety of equipment
- Effective oral and written communications
- Maintain records/prepare reports
- Be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Work under pressure
- 4 -5 years experience in maintenance of heavy duty diesel equipment, gasoline and electric power vehicles and air cooled machines
- An individual working at the State Hospital must be able to obtain a valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card pursuant to A.R.S. § 41-1758.07.
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver license record checks, required to maintain acceptable driving records and complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Shelia Wiggins-Wayne at [email protected] or 602-542-4769 for assistance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-542-5482. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
- Sick leave
- Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance