- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
As developer within the Big Data team you will contribute to high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing data applications for the customer business lines. You will contribute to the development and ongoing maintenance of a number of strategic data initiatives and data and analytic applications. The ability to communicate effectively is required as you will work closely with other groups, including development and testing efforts of your assigned application components to ensure the successful delivery of the project
Responsibilities and Duties
Hands on development role focused on creating big data and analytics solutions - Coding of mission critical components - Analyze business and functional requirements and contribute to overall solution - Participate in design reviews, provide input to the design recommendations - Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members - Hands-on expertise with Graph databases.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with middle-tier/backend systems development in Java/Linux –
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience with Hadoop in an enterprise setting –
- Experience with Java enterprise development, Python and Scalar –
- Hands-on expertise with Sql & NoSql data platforms –
- Hands-on expertise with Big data technologies (HBase, Hive, Sqoop) –
- Experience with Pub/Sub messaging (JMS, Kafka, etc.), stream processing (Storm, Spark Streaming, etc.) –
- Understanding and application of security best practices as they relate to big data technologies –
- Experience with horizontally scalable and highly available system design and implementation, with focus on performance and resiliency –
- Experience profiling, debugging, and performance tuning complex distributed systems –
- Experience with UNIX shell scripts and commands –
- Experience with data modeling –
- Ability to clearly document solution designs –
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience –
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools –
- Experience with BI solutions (Tableau, Microstrategy, D3 etc) Complexity Works on complex issues where analysis of situations and data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Supervision Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments, and may provide work direction to others.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Minimum Education/Training/Certification Bachelor's degree in an information technology area of study.
- Master's degree preferred specializing in Computer Science, Information Management, Data Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Contract
- San Francisco, CA (Required)