Waterstone Counseling Centers, LLC is looking for a part-time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) to be part of our exceptional and compassionate team of mental health providers and medical doctors who stand on the front line of addiction medicine and general psychotherapy. WCC mission is based on respect, trust, compassion, strength, and hope for our clients.
Our PNP will provide direct psycho-diagnostic, psycho-therapeutic treatments, psycho-pharmacological and evaluation management. PNP will diagnose and prescribe medications to patients who have psychiatric disorders or substance abuse background.
PNP will have considerable medical judgment as required to determine the appropriate procedure within scope of practice. PNP requires Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner's license and prescriptive privileges.
Hire will comply with organizational policies, procedures, standards of care and related laws and regulations including HIPAA and OSHA regulations; ensure the efficient and effective flow of patients during scheduled clinics through joint planning and problem solving with treatmentt team and patient coordinators; protect the dignity, privacy and confidentiality of patients and their families, as well as co-workers and others.
Position can be served in Groton and Madison locations.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Personnel supervision is not a responsibility of this position.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direct supervision of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO). Exercises progressive levels of autonomy in day-to-day activities based on satisfactory job performance.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of nursing: Master's degree in nursing; completion of a state acceptable Nurse Practitioner's program; a minimum of one years’ experience is desirable. National certification in specialty is preferred.
Necessary special requirements: Licensed by the State of Connecticut as a Registered Nurse, certified by the State of Connecticut as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified (PMHNP-BC) and Prescriptive privileges.
Language Skills: Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing; additional languages preferred.
Ability to be credentialed with Medicaid, Medicare, private and other insurance.
Licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner; Fully Credentialed, and Insurability..
XDEA privelages helpful not required
Flexible work-life balance schedule.
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner: 2 years (Preferred)
- Addiction Medicine experience preferred
Candidates should submit a cover letter and CV along with three references at time of application.
Job Type: Part-time
- Addiction Medicine
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative