Parker Hannifin's Total Filtration Services Division is seeking to hire a Warehouse Associate to support its Shakopee, MN branch. The Warehouse Associate is responsible for safely picking and fulfilling customer orders, packaging, and document preparation of shipment across all product lines following documented procedures for their branch location. Other responsibilities include receiving inbound freight, checking in product, stock put-away, operating manual or mechanical equipment to load and unload product and properly updating of inventory transactions in Company business system. Other computer systems will also be utilized for outbound shipments. This position may be responsible for producing special sized filters as needed.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures, including the use of Personal Protective Equipment as required, understanding that safety is a priority.
- Understands and complies with all company policies and procedures related to the Warehouse position.
- Order selection (picking) of outbound shipments, including but not limited to, UPS and LTL (Light Truckload) shipments following documented processes
- Efficient packaging and palletizing of outbound shipments
- Assist in preparation of shipping documents as well as carrier scheduling of outbound shipments following documented processes
- Unloads incoming product and verifies accuracy of inbound product, matching packing slips to Purchase Orders and pull Sales Orders to prepare for shipping.
- Accurately processes stock, ensuring it is placed in the proper areas
- Utilizes the company’s business system to update inventory receiving transactions
- Utilizes reports provided as required by position
- Makes special sized filters including cutting pads, hot wire rolls, etc. following documented processes.
- Perform self-audits and audits others’ work to ensure accuracy of order
- Participate in the physical inventory process, including completing regular cycle counts as required
- Loads daily delivery and service trucks
- Reports all non-conformances following company’s documented procedure
- General housekeeping and facilities maintenance
- Participate in required company training initiatives
- Completes local and regional deliveries which may include the need for a DOT health card or CDL
- With proper certification and training, may be required to assist with occasional service- and or office-related work.
- Employee is required to timely report all hours worked utilizing the company’s Time and Attendance system.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills utilizing the English language
- Good attention to detail with solid follow-up skills
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Meets appropriate deadlines
- Accurate and results oriented.
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service
- High mechanical aptitude with the ability to quickly grasp technical information
- Solid individual contributor who functions equally well as a member of a team
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Warehouse or distribution experience required
- Forklift experience preferred
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must be able to drive a commercial vehicle
- May require a DOT issued heath card or CDL depending on the type of vehicle driven
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; utilize ladders with a weight capacity of 250 lbs. or less, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Qualifications
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.