- 5+years of experience assisting at the executive level
- Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio
- Experience managing multiple executives’ calendars
- Experience with event planning and space management
- Experience working across multiple time zones
The Amazon Web Services EC2 Business Development organization is looking for an Executive Assistant who thrives in a fast-paced, exciting, and growing organization. We need someone who is bright and motivated, with a proven history of high performance, to support two Directors on our EC2 BD team based in Seattle, Washington.
This role requires attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple critical requests across global teams. The Executive Assistant will act as a seamless extension of the Directors supported and will work closely with other Executive Assistants throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, experienced planner with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility, composure and a good sense of humor.
The individual in this role must understand business priorities, demonstrate the ability to proactively anticipate needs and drive improvements to build capacity for the leadership team. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside of the company is critical. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the whole picture. The ideal candidate must be able to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside the group.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Management of complex calendar and scheduling to support teams in multiple locations
- Manage domestic and international travel
- Manage expense report coordination and submission
- Organize, execute, and assist with team activities (staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings, off-sites, and team social events)
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Act as a liaison for direct reports
- Management of team space, including moves and reconfigurations
- Work closely with the leadership team, recruiting and other Executive Assistants to provide support to the organization
- Document writing, editing, and readiness
- Ability to work from the office daily (this is not a remote role)
- Have fun at work and help others do the same
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, and deal with professionals inside and outside the company
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment
- Project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.