Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Director of Behavioral Health
Provides psychiatry services to adult and geriatric patients in the ambulatory setting using primary care concepts, including medication management and collaboration across disciplines. Participates in the program planning of health activities within the Health Center and in the community as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages outpatient adult psychiatric medical practice by eliciting patient histories, providing accurate clinical diagnoses, prescribing evidence-based and cost-effective treatments and providing patient education.
- Provides consultation and medical opinion to other Adult Medicine providers (such as Family Medicine physicians and Nurse Practitioners) and Behavioral Health providers regarding complex adult and geriatric patients.
- Maintain patient care hours at designated site as determined by the Director of Behavioral Health and the Chief Medical Officer. Follow PrimeCare’s policies for scheduling, access, chart documentation and availability for communication regarding clinical matters during regular business hours.
- Participate in 1 hour of individual and/or group supervision monthly from a Board Certified Psychiatrist.
- Demonstrates ability to provide consultation and academic support to primary care providers in the areas of behavioral medicine.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize evidence based practices in the provision of behavioral medicine.
- Demonstrates the ability to integrate quality assurance and performance improvement measures into clinical practice.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide mental health consultation and medication management including:
o Bio-psycho-social assessment that results in diagnostic conclusions.
o Treatment planning and expected outcomes in alignment with patient identified problem and diagnosis.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform crisis intervention that is needed for the patient.
- Maintain professional growth which includes attendance to job related trainings, gaining continuing education units (CEU) and development programs.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated skills in the clinical practice arena and the ability to work and collaborate on a health care team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently handle a demanding workload involving multiple tasks.
- Ability to function in a computer oriented environment possessing intermediate computer skills in word processing, in automated clinical information systems, accessing emails and conducting internet research.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written communications.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Licensure
- Masters in Nursing from accredited University Required.
- Advanced Practice Nursing Licensure in the State of Illinois.
- Board certified/Board eligible in adult psychiatry.
- Must maintain full credentials and privileges to practice at PrimeCare.
- Unrestricted license to practice within Illinois.
- Current DEA certificate without restriction.
- Current CPR Certification.
1. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
2. Must be able to move around the clinic site 50% of the time.
3. Constantly operates a computer, computer printer, copy machine, and telephone.
4. Occasionally positions self to maintain exertion of physical strength to move objects of 10 pounds from one level to another.
5. Must be able to transport from one site to another.
6. Must be able to cover other shifts as necessary.