Systems Engineer – NSS
Come to Seattle, WA, to Help Build Public Safety Solutions with Comtech!
To learn more about Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL), visit our website by clicking here.
You can see the big picture, and get excited about building, maintaining, and troubleshooting emergency 9-1-1 (E911) systems solutions. You also crave an opportunity to work with the best and brightest engineers, in an environment that is rewarding and collaborative.
Your New Opportunity-
MUST HAVE experience with Microfocus tools/Network Monitoring tools • Operations Manager (OMU9) • Operations Bridge Manager (OMI10) • Network Node Manager (NNM)
The Systems Engineer/Network Monitoring Engineer - NSS is charged with support of Comtech internal and external clients to monitor identified production processes and hardware. These include E911, VoIP, LBS and other commercial services. Utilize Micro Focus Operations Manager (OMU9), Operations Bridge (OM10) and Network Node Manager (NNM) (formerly HPE) software suite to develop and deliver enterprise level automation, internal and 3rd party tools integration for 24x7 monitoring, including Business Value Dashboards. These builds both solutions architecture, applications, and system administration skills. The solutions delivered in this role are essential to closed loop incident and problem management with the objective to reduce and/or eliminate potential down time and ensure 99.999 operations.
- Perform daily tasks used to build, maintain, and manage the monitoring systems. This includes following processes that prevent errors/incidents and implementing updates that are needed to prevent errors/incidents
- Add, delete, and maintain monitoring of identified hardware and software processes using Micro Focus Operations Manager (OMU9 and OMi10) and Network Node Manager (NNM10), SiteScope and Performance Manager suite of applications (formerly HPE software)
- Develop tools to support efficient use of system engineers and analysts time
- Use existing or help develop procedures for all major tasks such as adding, deleting, and modifying monitored nodes, template creation, template archival, user assignments, etc.
- Learn to administer related network monitoring tools such as Empirix, Gigastore, ANUE
- Create weekly performance metric reports on various network devices
- Work along side Tier 1/Tier 2 support analysts for alarming definition and refinement
- Other job duties as assigned
AS A SYSTEMS ENGINEER - NSS YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Hands on experience with Operations Manager, Network Node Manager (current releases OMi10, NNM10)
- Understanding of Telecom Services (E911, VoIP, Location Base Services)
- Proficient with LAN analysis tools, UNIX and scripting languages
- Proficient with Windows server
- Knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, switches, routers, traffic analysis
- Solid background in network management; including protocols, operating systems and the OSI Network Management functional areas
- Unix scripting skills desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience supporting a 24x7 environment/on call rotation desired
- Proficient with preparing management level presentations of complex technical topics
AS A SYSTEMS ENGINEER - NSS YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7 years ’ experience in hands on network management; including the protocols, operating systems and the OSI Network Management functional areas
- Understand monitoring systems architecture including; business, functional, implementation and technical for support and be prepared to drill down as necessary
- Familiar with the technologies used to support production monitoring (i.e. LINUX, Solaris, Windows, Ticketing, Reporting, VPN and MS Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype)
- College Degree or Certification in Computer Technology, Computer Science, Information Technology or Management Information Systems or equivalent combination of experience
To inquire about this position or other state of Washington openings, please email our Sr. Recruiter:
Comtech is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity