ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (AGM):
WHAT OUR FIELD LEADERSHIP TEAM STANDS FOR: We work in a unique business with a very special client. We get to share one of life’s most amazing adventures with our client! Everything we do is for our Mom2Be, and our stores and field leadership team are at the heart of her experience. We are ambitious, performance driven team members who foster a winning culture that inspires others to create and deliver an amazing experience during each and every interaction.
POSITION & OBJECTIVES SUMMARY: Your Newest Journey Starts Here! You are a brand ambassador, and an advocate for the culture of our Company. Our culture sets us apart and influences everything that we do. As the leader and champion of your assigned store(s), you are the culture, sales and strategy guru.
As a leader in our business, it is up to you to instill our mission and culture into the daily behaviors of yourself and others. We care about a culture of greatness. Culture is the true identity of the Company, and it’s the personality of our organization. Culture shapes team member, client, and partner behavior.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is a key member of the store leadership team, and is responsible for supporting all aspects of the operations to ensure the stores financial success. The AGM must convey our Company culture and brand integrity when establishing relationships with each client, team member and business partner.
Our Field Goals:
1. +1 Experience
- Deliver an amazing experience during every interaction.
- No matter what she is coming in for, surprise and delight her by delivering what makes us unique.
- Foster a winning culture that inspires our teams to deliver the +1 Experience.
- Attract, develop, and retain best in class leaders who own and deliver their business results.
- Establish career growth opportunities at all levels.
3. Business Acumen
- Support a culture where team members seek to improve each and every day, evaluate their business, and react to achieve results.
- Know your business, what drives it, and how to maximize it.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE FOR AN ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER?
- Have a passion for people; put our client first! Support the General Manager in creating and maintaining a culture that is focused around our Mom2Be. Ensure her shopping experience starts when she walks in the door; treat her like your best friend. Have the same level of passion and excitement for your fellow team members.
- Help her understand the value of our product and establish an environment built on customer loyalty that drives repeat business and maximizes sales.
- Ensure brand integrity within the four walls of the store; all visual and marketing directives follow Company standards; ensure all promotional sign changes are executed timely, and ensure all transfers, prices changes, damages and/or markdowns are completed within the required timeframe.
- Make store based decisions, as necessary, when following Home Office directives. Always keep the Mom2Be’s shopping experience at top of mind and ensure optimum product presentation on the sales floor. Communicate all business opportunities to the General Manager or other appropriate partner.
- Build lasting relationships and collaborative partnerships with peers and field leadership partners. * Success is measured by the following KPIs: % LY, % Plan, Client Satisfaction Survey, Client Book, Visual Presentation & Standards, Email Capture, Parents Magazine.
- Support the General Managers recruitment efforts when necessary. Network and seek out top talent even if there are no open positions in your store. Support the General Manager in building a talent pipeline.
- Assist in the development and succession planning of the store team; continue to develop personal sales and leadership skills.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all merchandise in the store. In partnership with General Manager, coach store team on all aspects of product knowledge, including brand information and differences, styling tips, fabrications and key features and benefits of our product assortment.
- Success is measured by the following KPIs: % LY, % Plan.
- Co-lead our unique selling environment. Strive to build repeat business, maximize traffic, and exceed financial goals.
- Support all Company operational standards. Ensure policies are understood and followed. Communicate business opportunities to your General Manager.
- Support the SM in certain financial aspects of the business including payroll, scheduling, inventory management, and loss prevention.
- Support and participate in key store/mall events. (ex: seasonal fashion shows, holiday meetings)
- Frequently open and/or close and run the operations of the store independently during shift.
- Success is measured by the following KPIs: % LY, % Plan, ADS, UPT and other business metrics and operational standards.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Prior experience in a retail supervisory position required. Specialty or fashion apparel experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be comfortable working independently, including working in a single coverage environment. * Flexible schedule required, including the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Understand business metrics.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, independent leader.
- Ability to be mobile in a store including standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching and/or twisting for up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Simple grasping, pushing, pulling, lifting and/or carrying things that weigh up to 40 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)