Under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Accounting Manager oversees all fiscal activities and reporting, assists in development of budget models, tracks performance against budget, conducts financial analyses with direction of CEO, and participates as part of the organization’s senior leadership team in short and long-term planning. Finance team manages Human Resource for employee and benefits administration. Accounting Manager will oversee the team of two, self and finance assistant.
S/he ensures compliance with filing requirements imposed by Local, State or Federal authorities relating to tax return. The incumbent prepares financial analyses in support of business development projects along with the CEO, business development and operations teams. As a team of two, the position is a hands on role as related to the AP, AR and HR functions. Current distribution of duties can be reviewed.
This team handles the finance and HR operations for two separate, but related companies. One company is a digital marketing agency and the other a commercial/digital print firm. There are separate primary operational and financial systems for each company. These systems are very industry specific which assists in the efficient accounting practices.
- Work closely with senior executive leadership to address strategic business planning processes, report on monthly results.
- Collaborate cross functionally with leadership team, department leads, to advance long-term strategic agendas and develop measurements against strategic plan.
- Identify key business drivers and measurements, operational constraints, and integrate these into management reporting.
- Lead the interpretation and review of financial results including trends, issues, and opportunities in order to drive actionable responses.
- Provide key business insight through activities such as strategic planning, business development, resource optimization, financial modeling, scenario planning, and reporting.
- Drive efficient processes for measuring and reporting of P&L components, including revenue, gross margin, operating expenses, cash, cost of sales.
- Dashboard reporting – drive the creation and publication of financial dashboards. Coordinate operational input from internal stakeholders.
- Reviews and drives improvements in cash management, ensuring financial obligations are met.
- Support efforts for system implementations, report redesign and process improvements.
- Adeptly utilize financial software and systems for data query and reporting to develop high quality analysis.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and financial analysis to support decision-making.
- Manage, train, and develop department’s finance assistant and other team members involved in financial processes to enhance quality and productivity.
- Communicate Effectively. Provide clear direction and accountabilities. Delegate and distribute assignments and decisions appropriately. Monitors progress by maintaining dialogue on work and results. Provide appropriate guidance and direction based on employee’s capabilities. Intervenes as needed to remove obstacles.
- Drive Results. Have a strong bottom-line orientation. Persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Push self and helps others achieve results.
- Develops Talent. Place a high priority on developing others. Develop others through coaching, feedback, exposure, and stretch assignments.
Position-Specific Skills Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial information to non-financial management.
- Robust problem solving and analytical skills.
- Create an energizing work environment that supports the Company's culture while ensuring an efficient and flexible organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum three years experience in accounting and finance with 1 year of financial management.
- High proficiency with accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger systems.
- Experience with payroll processing, employee benefits, and employee administration.
- Strong overall software skills: Advance Excel (i.e. pivot tables, V-lookups, macros), Sage 300 or similar AR, AP, & GL system.
- Knowledge of financial systems, including cost accounting and manufacturing, online e-commerce models, and professional services accounting.
- Experience with analysis, measurement development, and assessment of business operations and strategic initiatives.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial reporting, budgeting and operational costing; Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, accounting, payroll.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Managing a Team: 1 year (Preferred)
- Preparing Financial Statements: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)