Executive Director of the Aerospace Center for Excellence
The Aerospace Center for Excellence (ACE) shares a mission with its parent company, SUN ‘n FUN Fly-In, Inc.: “To preserve and enhance the future of flight through world class events, inspiring and educating people of all ages.” The Aerospace Center for Excellence has a seeded passion to strive toward creating the next generation of aerospace professionals. The Aerospace Center for Excellence (ACE) has over 12 buildings with a STEM 9-12 High School on its campus.
1)Board Governance: Works in concert with the SUN ‘n FUN CEO and Board to ensure attainment of the Board’s strategic goals.
2) CEO Governance: Works with CEO in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading ACE in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the CEO.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the CEO and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the CEO to function properly and to make informed decisions.
3) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of ACE, to include submission to the CFO of a proposed annual budget and review of monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support ACE’s mission.
4) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with CEO and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of ACE’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that ACE can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of ACE’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
5) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of ACE operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited College/University
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of ACE’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Volunteer coordination
- FAA Rated Private Pilot
- Skills to collaborate with the CEO and staff and motivate volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability
- Teaching background
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for the operation of ACE.
- Serving as ACE’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance ACE’s Mission.
- Supervise the ACE staff and collaborate with all other staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization board and committee meetings.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department for the benefit of ACE and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services as assigned by the CEO
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- K-12 teaching certification
- FAA Commercial Pilot
- Post-secondary teaching experience in the field of aerospace.
Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefit package includes health, dental, 403B, and generous PTO policy.
Job Type: Full-time
- non-profit management: 5 years (Required)
- FAA Certified Private Pilot (Required)