CareStar is seeking candidates interested in an Intake Specialist position with the CareStar's Clinical team. This role will be responsible to conduct program assessments using program and CareStar identified tools and process. The Assessment Specialist will provide recommendations for eligibility per program and CareStar guidelines.
At CareStar, our employee's share in the equity of the company through a shared ownership benefit, the CareStar Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Adheres to the CareStar Rule in performance of responsibilities.
- Understands and complies with CareStar policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentially as related to patient information. Any disclosures of confidential information made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offense.
- Follows the Acceptable Use Policy while using any information systems owned or controlled by CareStar.
- Maintains and builds knowledge of the State and program requirements.
- Maintains and builds on knowledge of Medicare, third party payers, community resources, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Completes visits to assess for eligibility for specified program and conducts safety assessments, in compliance with CareStar and department guidelines.
- Documents all applicant and case-related contacts and interventions in applicants record per agency and CareStar policy, including standards of content and timeliness.
- Processes specific Program Eligibility Assessment Tool (PEAT) or other tools and all related documents per agency and CareStar policy.
- Provides assistance with community resource referrals as appropriate.
- Identifies and reports high-risk situations as required per agency and CareStar policy.
- Gathers/updates community resources and service provider information.
- Initiates, reviews, and submits data and documentation according to established CareStar and agency processes.
- Understands current and future program information to assist with business objectives, including attending trainings and meetings.
- Serves on work groups, community groups, committees, or other task forces and attends meetings as requested.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualification and Education Requirements
- Active license as a Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Independent Social Worker or Registered Nurse.
- Experience working with the populations served by the applicable program and experience in the home and community-based services environment.
- Effective oral and written communications skills with attention to detail in assessment and documentation; ability to prioritize multiple tasks; proficient computer skills with suite of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work independently within CareStar and program guidelines demonstrating effective interpersonal skills within a diverse work environment, strong problem-solving skills, effective organizational skills, and flexibility in relationship to position requirements.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel as necessary.
- Valid driver's license and car insurance, as required by State law
CareStar was founded in 1988 in Cincinnati, Ohio and continues as an industry leader in the field of Long-Term Care Case Management, Assessment and Innovative Software Development Solutions.
CareStar's Mission is “Improving Communities by Improving Lives.” Our services are currently delivered in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Georgia and are designed to support individuals with chronic health conditions and/or disabilities to live safely in their communities and as independently as possible. In addition, CareStar provides software services (e.g. application development, report writing, data management, query development) for healthcare organizations and government entities and e-learning opportunities to support the continuing education for various healthcare related credentials (e.g. RN, STNA, LSW, Home Health Aides, Personal Care Technicians, Certified Nursing Assistants, etc.).
CareStar has a proven track record of designing tailored programs to meet the needs of the customers we serve. In addition to possessing the rigorous HITRUST Certification for data security, CareStar is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) with commendation, has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and was a 2017 Goering Center Family and Private Business Finalist for Private Businesses with more than 101 employees.
If these responsibilities, qualifications and benefits match your background, apply today at CareStar's Career page at www.carestar.com.
CareStar is an equal employment opportunity employer (EOE/m/v/d/f) committed to excellence through diversity