The Admissions Representative is to assist prospective students and their parents interested in Ashland University through the enrollment process.
Essential Position Duties
- Coordination of specific geographic recruitment areas in Ohio and out-of-state.
- Maintain responsibility for the assigned recruitment area.
- Evaluate high schools in the assigned recruitment area to determine what high schools warrant an actual visit by an Admission Representative.
- Evaluate college day/night programs to determine which programs provide the best recruitment opportunities for the University.
- Provide innovative ways of communicating with prospective students and applicants interested in the University.
- Provide innovative ways of communicating with high schools and guidance personnel though direct mail, campus visits or technology.
- Responsible for assisting with campus visit programs throughout the year
- Conduct on campus admission interviews with prospective students and parents.
- Provide information to students and parents about the requirements and procedures for admission.
- Review of completed applications in a specific recruitment area and make appropriate admission decisions.
- Review of completed applications in a specific recruitment area and make appropriate scholarship awards.
- Maintain knowledge of current financial aid policies and procedures for Federal, State and Institutional aid including and understanding of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Counsel prospective students who may not meet the stated admission requirements of the institution.
- Ability to grant waiver of the admission enrollment deposit based on the quality of the applicant, financial hardship or at the discretion of the Admission Representative.