United States of America
UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
This position is for a mid-level professional in Product Management who will be responsible for understanding product ideas with the context of our customer's needs and our company strategy. The product manager must understand end user requirements to drive new product development that creates benefits and value to our customers. He/She must be able to communicate with multi-disciplinary teams and develop strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results.
- The product development process will be supported through the definition and execution of product roadmaps by leveraging customer requirements, market data, competitive analysis and business requirements with a focus on user-centric product development.
- Direct Agile development teams including sprint definition, backlog prioritization, user stories, development and release of Minimum Value Product (MVP).
- Plan and define user stories; tasks sprints; design develop and manage product activities, from definition and planning, through production, release, upgrades and end of life.
- Serves as the central resource and subject matter expert through the entire product life-cycle-management process – Ideation, market/customer research, strategy, prototyping/concept development, pilot testing, product development, customer testing, quality & performance management, cost management, pricing, marketing, change management, implementation/deployment, maintenance/upgrades and end-of-life management.• Collaborates with business and technology teams ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, execution of users acceptance, etc.
- Implements security controls and executes operational risk mitigations. Leverages market insights, as well as business and financial acumen to support cutting edge product development.
- Ensures the maintenance of an up to date documentation library.
- Conducts and/or oversees desktop and system support activities to ensure quality of work provided to end users.
- Plans and Conducts and/or oversees system maintenance, updates, upgrades and enhancements to limit loss of service.
- Conducts and/or oversees data analysis and testing activities associated with system operations performance, implementation/deployment, maintenance/upgrades and end-of-life management.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
Experience working in Agile environment. Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislink to read the Policy and Terms