Assists the Work Control Coordinator and the Administrative Supervisor by performing clerical, coordination of timecards and payroll, work order generation and tracking, printing budget reports, and answering phones to efficiently keep the Work Control Center in the Facilities Services office operational.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives work requests via work request system, screens as to validity of work, authorized persons making requests, proper account number if chargeable and scheduling to appropriate supervisors.
- Reception, answering phones and dispatching emergency work requests to mechanics. Working with Public Safety in their concerns pertaining to calls they receive.
- Handling requests from outside contractors in gaining access to areas throughout campus, giving them contractor cards and keys, keeping records of who has what and making sure they are returned in a timely manner.
- Closure of all work requests in the TMA Data Base and filing in the appropriate folders for billings purposes.
- Assist in monthly billing on all chargeable work requests and vehicle repairs. Forwarding copies of bills to certain departments of repairs and charges for vehicles and fuel that are not included in banner charges.
- Assist in payroll process for facilities department. Reviews supervisor’s data entry into Kronos time and attendance system, makes any necessary adjustments, and works with payroll dept. to resolve any pay discrepancies
- Acts as back up for Work Control Coordinator.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills, filing and general office procedures required.
- Reasonable understanding of the work performed by specific departments such as Maintenance, Custodial Service and Engineering.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Efficient at Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.Ability to operate independently under general direction. Computer literate
- Operative knowledge of PCs and standard office equipment.
- Associate’s degree or some college a plus.
- 3-5 years in similar position preferred – other similar experience considered.
- Working knowledge with “TMA” work order system, “Kronos” time card system and “Concur” invoicing and expense systems preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
Sitting for extended periods, lifting up to 25 lbs.
Special Message to Applicants:
Closing Date (12am ET):
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience
Minimum Number of References Needed
Maximum Number of References Needed
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* How did you first hear of this employment opportunity?
* If your answer to the above question is "Other", please specify the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Chronicle Vitae
- Academic Keys
- Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- Diversity Association/Publication Website
- Other Internet Advertisement
- Advertisement in Local Newspaper
- Advertisement in Academic or Professional Publication
- Referred by a current or former employee
- Referred by a friend or family member
- Heard about it at a conference or career fair
- Browsing the Villanova website
Documents needed to complete your application:
Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
Resume / Curriculum Vitae