Senior Linux Admin - Contract role, try-buy for best fit! Seeking a Linux Systems Administrator (SysAdmin) who will serve as second level support. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Candidates should have in-depth, hands-on experience of the Linux OS - specifically RHEL 5, 6 (7 is a plus), Red Hat Satellite, and source code management (SVN, Git).
Additionally, they should be familiar with scripting, i.e. bash (python a plus) – not just running manual commands off a KB – and able to run, maintain, and write basic scripts. Experience with CFEngine, Chef, Centrify, VMware vSphere, and/ or AWS is a plus.
- The position is for an operational (run) group. SysAdmins will respond to incidents and as well as handle support requests for a variety of technologies related to our Linux service.
- As a queue owner, SysAdmins will be responsible for the general health of the queue (resolving tickets, identifying trends, finding the technical cause of problems) as well as recommending process/ system changes to eliminate incoming workload, optimizing team process, and escalating where appropriate.
- SysAdmins will also have project responsibilities (i.e. executing some of the improvements identified by them or others on the team) and will own small projects within their respective area.
- The position is for a primary day shift (8-10 hours per day). While there are on-call responsibilities, this should be few and short on evenings and weekends. More extended off-shift time may be needed but these would be planned significantly in advance, and generally associated with project work where maintenance windows need to be observed.
- This is not a low level position. The person will need a deep understanding of their respective area. But this is also a hands-on operations position. Engineers that only want to do projects and/or design and architect solutions will not be happy with this role.
- While not a hard requirement, given the overall direction of IT infrastructure is to transition workloads to the cloud, experience with AWS and cloud development is a plus.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $70.00 to $80.00 /hour
- linux: 6 years (Required)