Would you like to join a team focused on producing high-quality technical documentation for Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Do you have the passion for producing cutting-edge content and deep technical background necessary to maintain Amazon as the premier player in cloud computing and web services technology?
As a Senior Technical Writer at AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to work with a stellar technical team to create and drive quality standards, and produce product documentation in a cross-functional, distributed environment.
Amazon is deeply committed to be a leader in the web services marketplace, and one of the key measures of success is how well we support the vibrant community that consumes AWS products. Our global content team plays a vital role in providing thought leadership internally and externally to the broader ecosystem (including our customers), and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described, as well as easy to consume and follow.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and a technical background that enables her or him to interact effectively with Solutions Architects (SA), Product Managers, development and design teams, and Technical Program Managers. In addition, the ideal candidate has a demonstrated ability to anticipate customer needs, explore innovative solutions to complex issues, and deliver high-quality technical documentation.
- Drive the development of technical documentation, including conceptual information, step-by-step procedures, API descriptions, example commands, and a variety of structured and unstructured content
- Propose and promote standards for how content is created, delivered, and maintained
- Experience designing and delivering customer-oriented documentation
- Proactively identify process improvements, determine root causes/road-blocks, and design solutions to improve business processes
- Flexibly alternate between creating content and editing content, including a wide variety of technical assets
- Work with subject matter experts who develop and publish content in related areas
- A minimum of seven years in a technical writing role, producing both internal and public-facing content on highly technical subject matter
- High-level understanding of cloud computing, IT infrastructure, and different programming languages
- Advanced experience with XML authoring tools and repository management
- Experience working directly with engineers and other technical subject matter experts
- Degree in English, Journalism, or a related field, with proven, advanced skills in grammar, and technical editing and writing.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- A minimum of seven years supporting software developers or cloud architects
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Practical experience with the AWS platform, web services, software development, or related technologies