Every day at RBA is different. We cultivate a creative, energetic, and fast-paced work environment where ideas are shared freely and everyone’s opinion holds value. Our staff is afforded the opportunity to develop their skills in multiple areas by working on a variety of diverse projects, including tenant improvement, workplace, healthcare, education, retail and industrial.
Currently, we are seeking a full time Project Designer. Our ideal candidate is a team player with a positive attitude, sense of humor, and a passion for designing unique solutions.
If you think you would be a good fit for our team, please apply with a PDF copy of your cover letter, resume, and portfolio/samples of your work.
Application materials will only be accepted in PDF format, word documents will not be considered.
· Field observation / measurement and AutoCAD input
· Design, production and detailing of commercial interior projects, including tenant improvement, workplace, healthcare, education, retail and industrial
· Production of Conceptual Plans and Construction Documents
· Competency in research, selection and specification of commercial products and finish materials
· Production of mood boards, finish boards and project presentations
· Coordination with vendors, consultants, contractors and clients
· Accuracy in all phases of work in a timely manner, with awareness of / ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to multi-task in a quickly evolving environment and work on several projects at once
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in architecture / interior design / related field
· Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with commercial interior projects
· Highly proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop / Creative Suite, and Energy Pro
· Proficiency in 3D Rendering/SketchUp (highly desirable but not required)
· Proficient in construction documentation and detailing
· Working knowledge of California Building Code, ADA / Title 24 accessibility and BOMA standard methods of measurement, and experience interfacing with local municipalities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate professionally with vendors, consultants, contractors, clients & teammates
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and work ethic
Our greatest asset is our team. We care about our employees and encourage our team to live a healthy, balanced life. We’re highly committed to the well-being of our team, and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, full medical, dental and vision care coverage, 401(k) with employer matching, paid holidays, and paid sick and vacation time.
Our close-knit team genuinely enjoys each other’s company, and you’ll often find us spending time together outside of the office. We regularly schedule vendor presentations, lunch and learns, and wine & cheese nights, and we frequently attend industry events and parties. We organize holiday lunches, ugly sweater contests, and Halloween costume parties. We love being located in historic Downtown Benicia, and enjoy the local restaurants, happy hours, trivia nights, and city events that our community has to offer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Interior Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative