MITER Brands is a family of leading window and door brands united by our passion for quality and driven by the relentless pursuit of 100%. At MITER Brands, we’re reframing what’s possible – for our team, our customers, and communities across America. We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor for our Flower Mound, Texas plant. In this role you will direct the activities of a department in safety, quality, and efficiency. Ability to resolve problems relating to his/her area by utilizing the Team Leader and Area Leaders to ensure the operational goals of the department are met.
Pay Range: 65k - 81k, depending on experience
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs team members with respect to achieve safety, quality, and production goals set by senior management.
- Produces the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost consistent with best manufacturing practices.
- Provides a safe work environment for all team members.
- Recognizes and takes steps to resolve operating problems in order to minimize their impact on the operations.
- Cooperates with all departments to assure a coordinated work relationship exists at all times.
- Responsible for inventory usage and all other department costs.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records (I.E. timecards, downtime records, absentee records, etc.)
- Enforces company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Meet customer load dates by ensuring all scheduled products are made on-time, accurate, and 100% complete
- Encourages team member suggestions for improving safety, quality, productivity, plant environment.
- Ability to implement team member suggestions to improve MIWD
- Keeps Production Supervisor II informed on operating and/or employee problems, which may require their attention or knowledge.
- Maintains consistent communications and daily department meetings.
- Arranges to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained.
- Keeps records of departmental activities, as required.
- Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department.
- Establishes accountabilities and goals used for performance evaluation.
- Facilitate and maintain the Rheo improvement Process.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
General Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing and 2 years of front-line leadership experience.
- Ability to read, interpret and enforce regulations and policies in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, bilingual preferred Spanish, Chin or French
- Familiar with lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments and customers.
- Must have excellent leadership skills.
- Able to train and motivate department personnel.
- Ability to work flexible hours depending upon the needs of the department.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Our benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness for you and your eligible spouse/dependents. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. Our medical plans include a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) option to help you save on healthcare costs. Below is a list of benefits you will enjoy while working with our company.
- Medical plans with HRA or HSA options
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability
- Company-paid Long-Term Disability
- Paid time off (PTO), including Vacation, Personal, and eight paid Holidays
- 401k retirement plan with company match
MITER Brands is an equal opportunity employer. MI Windows and Doors does not discriminate based on religion, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable legally protected category.