This position is responsible for providing primary ambulatory medical care. This includes examination of patients, ordering x-rays and laboratory tests to help make an accurate diagnosis, and planning and execution of treatment. The person in this position works in a busy, pressured environment and sees a high volume of patients, as needed by TTUHSC.
Org Level 1Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
HSC - El Paso
DepartmentEmergency Medicine Elp Genl
- MD or DO degree
- Successful completion of ACGME accredited residency program in Emergency Medicine
- Valid unrestricted medial license or eligibilityfor medical license in Texas
- Provides patient care in the Emergency Department. Serves as medical control physician for El Paso EMS while on duty in the Emergency Department
- Supervises residents and medical students in clinical setting. Provides performance evaluation, skill testing, and mentoring of residents, fellows, and medical students. This function will commence once secondary non-salaried position in place
- Participates in resident and faculty recruitment. Assists Department Chair with implementation of departmental policies and monitoring staffing effectiveness
- Participates in national emergency medicine societies such as ACEP, SAEM, AAEM
- May participate in medical research projects relating to emergency medicine. May participate in medical school and hospital committees
- Audit of charts and participation in other endeavors for Performance Improvement of patient care
- Knowledge and adherence of institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures; attends mandatory training provided by TTUHSC El Paso
- Demonstrated professionalism in accordance with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine's Declaration of Faculty Professional Responsibility
+ Graduated from an approved accredited School of Medicine with an M.D. degree. +License/Certification:+ * Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Texas or have the ability to transfer license to Texas. * Certificate or license for prescribing controlled substances. +Experience:+ At least three years post-graduate training in primary care medicine.
- Board certification or eligible for Board Certification in Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine, or the American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine
- Experience teaching residents and medical students
- Evidence of growth in clinical, teaching, and research activities related to the speciality
- Knowledge of Medical Spanish
- ACLS/PALS/ATLS certifications
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?No
Resume / CV
Optional AttachmentsProfessional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Transcript, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.