Office & Administrative Associate
Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Finance & Grants Manager
Organizational Mission & Background
More than five million children die every year and more than half the world’s population lives without access to essential health care. Muso exists because no one should die waiting for health care. To take on these enormous injustices, Muso is growing rapidly. We aim to reach up to one million patients directly with proactive care, and to improve care for tens of millions of people through changes in global policy and practice. We plan to grow our budget from $11 million in 2020 to $18 million per year by 2023 to achieve these goals.
We are seeking an exceptional professional who is passionate about our mission and excited to provide the support necessary for Muso to scale and meet the needs of a growing number of patients. The Office & Administrative Associate will serve a critical support role to, and shape the future of, Muso. The Office & Administrative Associate will manage our office space in San Francisco and directly support Muso’s recruiting function in both the US and Mali. The Office & Administrative Associate will also work across our teams and multiple time zones to coordinate travel and organize meetings and other events. This is a position with high involvement and responsibility that will offer the right candidate an exciting opportunity to participate in all aspects of a rapidly growing global health organization.
- Office Management
- Manage Bay Area office space including serving as liaison with landlord and maintenance of office keys/codes.
- Procurement and maintenance of office equipment and supplies.
- Manage procurement, shipping, and logistics for commodities being ordered and shipped or carried from the United States to Mali or Cote d’Ivoire.
- General IT support including laptop setup, software installation and general IT troubleshooting.
- Scheduling & Coordination
- Coordinate and support internal/external team meetings, including taking minutes and following-up with participants on action items.
- Support logistics for meetings.
- Coordinate and maintain master calendar for the US office.
- Monitor and track documents, projects and tasks.
- Scheduling support as needed.
- Travel Support
- Manage flights & lodging for team members or partners as needed.
- Assist on travel needs and site visits for existing and/or potential partners.
- Human Resources - Recruiting Support
- Online job posting
- Organizing and pre-screening job candidates
- Development and support of recruiting and new hire processes
- Ensuring smooth logistical and administrative onboarding for new hires
- Coordinating recruitment and/or management of contractors as needed.
- Maintain up to date staff organization chart in coordination with the Director of HR in Mali.
- Other finance and administrative duties or special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with French, spoken and written, required.
- Reliable. To be successful in this role you have got to be someone who has superb follow through and who people feel they can depend on if their life counted on it.
- Proactive, creative at identifying challenges and suggesting solutions.
- Outstanding command of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as the Google suite, including Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Drive.
- Familiarity with productivity and team management tools.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Enthusiastic to pitch in and take on new tasks and projects, form strong local and long-distance working relationships, and be part of the Muso team.
- Self-starter who can refer to notes / directions and see a task through.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships across stakeholders and teams.
- Legal ability to work in the U.S.
- Availability to travel occasionally both domestically and internationally preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
Human Resources Duties:
- Scheduling or dispatching
- Hiring and onboarding
- Maintaining employee records
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19