Mohawk Valley Psychiatric Center (MVPC) is a New York State Office of Mental Health and Joint Commission Accredited facility, providing comprehensive community-based mental health services for adults and inpatient services for children & youth. There is no mandatory on-call, but additional compensation may be available through extra service. Located in the foothills of the Adirondacks, Utica provides easy access to the Adirondack Park and its four-season activities. It is 90 miles west of Albany and 50 miles east of Syracuse. We are currently seeking full time/part time Adult Psychiatrist with primary assignment at our OMH licensed Article 31 Clinic serving adults with behavioral health challenges.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in New York State, and Board Certified/Eligible.
- A minimum of five years of experience in Psychiatry preferred but will consider recent graduates as well.
- Must have eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs and must be able to prescribe medications without restrictions.
- Record must be free of current or pending legal actions.
- Must process a valid NYS driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct initial psychiatric evaluation and assessment of pre-existing conditions and current conditions; assess and triage the mental and behavioral health concerns of adults in an outpatient mental health clinic.
- Facilitate ongoing behavioral health services for clients, individual and family support, psychopharmacology assessments, medication monitoring and management, behavioral assessments and monitoring, education regarding medication, side effects and behavioral health resources.
- Provide prescriptions for psychotropic medications and deliver injectable medications, under the supervision of clinic psychiatrist through the E-Prescribe system.
- Maintain all required paperwork and documentation necessary to meet regulatory and billing standards.
- Review and sign client treatment plans.
- Communicate and collaborate with clinical staff to ensure continuum of care and appropriateness for level of care.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings, and consultations with collaborating psychiatrist.
- Participate in ongoing staff development training to maintain and improve personal knowledge base.
- Cover colleagues when needed (during vacations, leave or shortage of staff) at other sites.
- Responsible for keeping up all licensures and certifications.
Finger prints and Children & Family Services background investigation required
NYS Health Benefits
NYS Holidays, Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
NYS Pension Plan
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off