SQL Database Administrator (DBA)
IPG Photonics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our growing IT team and work in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech manufacturing company. As a SQL DBA, you will provide technical support for the database environment including installation, administration, and maintenance of SQL Server instances, overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing IT with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to key company initiatives. The ideal candidate is a diligent, hardworking individual who is able to learn new systems and processes rapidly, can work with little supervision and is capable of delivering outstanding work at all times.
We are open to house this position at our Marlborough office location or our Oxford office location.
· Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
· Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
· Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
· Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks and resolve them.
· Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing backup and recovery, restoration and replication.
· Create and manage constraints and indexes.
· Support software developers with database design and operations including the development of complex SQL,
tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures.
· Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
· Manage production, Dev, and QA database environments.
· Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
· Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies.
· Effectively coordinate and communicate with all stakeholders.
· Set up and maintain database infrastructure for company’s BI needs.
· Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education and experience.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in administering Microsoft SQL Server databases (SQL 2008, 2012, 2016)
· Extensive experience writing T-SQL, stored procedures, and functions, and query tuning on high-transaction
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services
· Experience with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) development and data integration.
· Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
· Proficient with SQL Server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
· Experience with SQL Server Clustering including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication
· Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed databased related documents.
· Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective
· Ability to work independently as well as work in a team environment
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer
· Experience with BI, reporting, and analytical tools (Power BI, Tableau)
· Experience with MS Dynamics NAV ERP
· Experience working in an Agile SDLC environment, JIRA software
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22C.F.R. §120.15 are required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, asylee. License exception Technology and software under restriction (TSR) defined in 15 CFR 740.6 may permit person from Country Group B.
The following link will take you to the government site with the list of Country Group B: https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/452-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups/file