Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know that cutting-edge technology drives our success. As an IT Engineer I Windows, you will be responsible for ensuring that the workstation environment is properly administered (patching, OS, software, etc.). We want to use your expert level knowledge of Software Center Configure Manager (SCCM) to install new software, upgrade existing software, conduct troubleshooting investigations, and perform configuration changes. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
What you need to succeed at XPO:At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Maintain Windows workstations and take appropriate action to ensure excellent performance and availability; develop, test, and implement technical improvements to system configuration and operation following change control processes
- Investigate, configure, and test new technologies for use and deployment in the production environment
- Complete forms or update configuration databases to reflect all changes affecting the equipment or software inventories after equipment installations, software installations, or equipment moves
- Implement and follow processes to ensure the security of all systems and data
- Design, implement, and execute appropriate standardized procedures to ensure system health and provide reports or logs
- Provide third-tier support to Support Center; complete work necessary to resolve assigned Incident tickets within service windows and update information in the Support Center system to completely describe ticket resolution
It’d be great if you also have:
- 5 years of Windows system administration experience (preferably 2008 and 2012)
- Strong Windows performance tuning and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Domain Name System (DNS), Windows Internet Name Service (WINS), and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Experience in Microsoft Exchange, mail routing, and filtering
- Scripting experience
- Knowledge of hardware maintenance and installation
- Availability to travel occasionally
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent substantial work experience
- Microsoft certification or course work (MCSE/MCITP)
- Citrix and/or Remote Desktop Services experience
- Able to lead, teach and influence the work of others as an experienced member of the team
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.