We are looking for an AWS Cloud Engineer with 3+ years of experience. You will participate in the creation and maintenance of development, test and production environments with a goal of high availability, fault-tolerance and scalability of the Department of Defense Information Systems. If your background and skills include Cloud Architecture capabilities, that is even better! This is a senior level role.
NOTE: This role requires U.S. Citizenship, a current IAT Level II certification and a current or ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
You will also be responsible for implementing continuous integration and deployment of code to the cloud hosted environments to accelerate development, reduce manual effort and modernize critical missions.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
· Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of the infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Gov Cloud.
· Manage full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using Amazon cloud-based computing environments.
· Work closely with the architect and engineers to design networks, systems, and storage environment that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements.
· Work with the architecture team to design and implement secure cloud management solutions.
· Ability to provide best practice guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications and projects of the enterprise
· Experience designing and building AWS Services such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, etc.
· Experience with Linux and Windows Server system administration.
· Ability to create and utilize AWS Cloud Formation templates to automate creation of AWS images.
· Proficient in developing scripts and scripting languages.
· A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment and the ability to lead.
· Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions.
· Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
· Experience with security, especially knowledge of the DOD RMF process
· Demonstrable experience providing engineered IT solutions to large programs in support of the customer's mission.
· Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management.
· IT systems design and development.
· At least 2 years of proven experience in federal government IT Infrastructure program/project management.
· Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with customer in analyzing requirements.
· At least 2 years of experience leading and managing cloud infrastructure-based programs and/or projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
· 4 years of related systems engineering experience.
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional preferred
· Ability to receive and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
· Must have 8570 Certified at IAT Level II *you can find the list of acceptable certifications at: https://public.cyber.mil/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/
· Must be U.S. Citizen
Job Type: Full-time
Security Clearance Required:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: