Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, one of the region’s largest and most trusted providers of reproductive health care. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide, the outstanding sexual health education we deliver, and our strong commitment to social justice. Working for Planned Parenthood is more than a job; it’s being a part of a powerful movement. Together, we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights for all people.
Position Summary: The Vice President – Diversity, Inclusion & Organizational Effectiveness is responsible for providing transformative leadership, and direction for PPSNE’s diversity, equity, and inclusion work and cultivating the collective ability to bring a social justice lens across the organization. The VP is further responsible for fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth, supporting an integrated team of highly engaged employees, and ensuring PPSNE is a great place to work. They will ensure PPSNE’s values of diversity, equity and inclusion are made real for employees, volunteers, the communities and patients served. The VP will also guide organization-wide learning with a focus on strengthening internal pathways for leadership and professional development for all staff and oversee the Human Resources function with a commitment to the alignment of compensation, benefits, hiring and personnel practices with our values. The VP will be a member of the senior Management Team and will work closely with senior colleagues to provide guidance and share information regarding their area of expertise.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in social justice and in developing and sustaining an inclusive, effective organization
· Customer focused, team centered collaborative work philosophy
· Works collaboratively at organization and division levels to ensure business planning, performance monitoring and performance management processes inform and support each other and lead to continuous improvement of organizational performance
· Provides coaching, facilitation, team development, whole systems analysis, process reengineering and organization development services in consultation with executive leaders and senior managers to implement organization improvement initiatives and assure alignment with the organization’s strategic plans
· Must demonstrate ability to handle discreet, confidential information: Integrity must be unquestionable
· Provides leadership for engaging new efforts that cultivate, enhance and promote an environment of inclusiveness and a climate of equity in which all employees may work productively and thrive
· Presents evidence of strategies employed, and results achieved in implementing strategic diversity and inclusion goals
· Demonstrated skills in mediation, conflict resolution, and problem solving
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to interact effectively at all levels of the agency and community constituencies
· Ability to succeed in an ambiguous work environment to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning styles, participative training design, group dynamics, interactive learning methods, systems theory and quality improvement processes, principles of customer service, advanced consulting methods, leadership coaching, conflict resolution, group process facilitation, organization communications processes, presentation skills and project management. Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Team centered collaborative work philosophy
Education and Experience:
· Master’s degree preferred
· Minimum ten years of management experience in equity, diversity and inclusion, organizational effectiveness, organizational development, human resources, business/public health management or social justice
· Prior experience in a complex, multi-site organization
· Preference for experience in a healthcare, not-for-profit or related organization
· Knowledge of adult learning, group facilitation and various training tools (360 feedback evaluation tools). Demonstrated experience with internal consultation, leadership training experience, working with senior management
· Coaching and organizational effectiveness
· Experience in implementing, measuring performance outcomes with excellent platform and communication skills
· Strong knowledge of best practices for Diversity, Inclusion and Equity with prior experience in developing and fostering a diverse work environment.
· Knowledge of measurement and metric associated with this.
· Prior experience in all functional areas of Human Resources with the ability to provide unquestionable guidance for organizational effectiveness
· Solid understanding of change management and the ability to measure and report outcomes
· Prior budget / P & L experience
PPSNE is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
PPSNE offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, a flexible spending account, wellness program and more.
Please do not use the link below. Qualified candidates expressing interest in the opportunity, please submit a resume/CV and cover letter with Planned Parenthood to Marian Carrington at: firstname.lastname@example.org