The Associate Director of Managed Markets ™ will oversee all activities related to Supply Chain Management of Trade and Sample Product. This role is responsible for patient access to Almirall products within each targeted payer, key provider and channel customer. When appropriate, take action to move payer decisions in a direction that continues to open access to appropriate patient care. Assess product positioning and develop strategic plans for assigned Commercial, Medicare and key Government Agencies. Partner with executives of assigned payers to create mutually beneficial business relationships, and it will require cross coordination between the Finance, Marketing, Sales and Managed Markets Departments. The Director of Trade Relations will work closely to secure and manage the Distribution Agreements of the Wholesale Supply Channels and with the Retail sector as it relates to Supply Chain Management to secure product access and position Almirall as a leader in the field of dermatology. Travel will be necessary to maintain and manage the Supply Chain.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for management of national and regional wholesaler and retail pharmacy accounts.
- Responsible for all Trade Related responsibilities for the launching of New Products
- Develop pre-launch and post launch strategies as they relate to wholesaler and pharmacy stocking.
- Coordinate with Business Development on new product launches and acquisitions. Have full understanding of product stocking process and insuring the wholesalers are positioned and ready at the time of the launch.
- Responsible for the development and execution of our trade and supply distribution strategy. Develop short and long term business planning that addresses overall divisional, corporate and brand initiatives and goals.
- Negotiate, manage and implement distribution contracts and fee for service agreements in the market place for Portfolio of Drugs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and ensuring distribution through national and regional wholesalers.
- Analyze trade management reports that support inventory management of trade channel product supply, including EDI 852, 867 reports and custom data offerings to identify customer purchase patterns and order projections.
- Implementing and managing trade customer contacts, including pulling and monitoring data and working with wholesalers to maintain optimal inventory levels at all distribution centers to meet sales demand and minimize returns.
- Develop and implement trade marketing programs. Provide frequent market segment updates to commercial leadership and functional area partners. Identify important provider and payer trends as well as competitive intelligence that may affect product utilization.
- Coordinate with the Director of Finance on managing accounting, pricing, sales stock levels, fee for service agreements and new product launches.
- Coordinate with finance to manage price increases, including wholesaler notification and ensuring that subsequent purchase orders are appropriate.
- Coordinate with regulatory to assure and maintain compliance with appropriate government regulations: updates and recommendations for organizational preparedness for Pedigree related legislation (federal/state) (serialization).
- Responsible for all aspects of data analytics and vendor fulfillment.
- Manage all distribution related issues with Almirall Products (returns, pharmacy stocking, wholesaler stocking) including coordinating the development of a distribution strategy for products with Senior Management.
- Coordinate with Almirall manufacturing/Business Development in demand forecasting and pharmacy/wholesaler fulfillment throughout pre-launch and post-launch phases of product to ensure successful implementation of the trade/distribution strategy.
- Participate in district, regional and national meetings to educate the Company on: trade, retail pharmacy, specialty pharmacy and distribution. Train the Sales Management, Sales Force and New Hires so there is complete understanding of the Process for handling issues of Stocking and product availability at the Pharmacies and wholesalers.
- Develop a Pharmacy Strategy Initiative, to educate the Sales Force and New Hires on making effective Pharmacy calls as they relate to Pharmacy Stocking and Product availability.
- Develop advocacy networks to overcome patient access barriers. Work closely with Almirall to ensure patient access and programs are properly
- Focus on a vertical integration plan within all targeted Commercial and Medicare Payers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Life Science.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a commercial stage pharmaceutical organization; (3) to (5) years in payer account management including experience with specialty therapeutics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, MS Access & SQL; familiarity with data visualization tools
- Ability to think strategically and critically
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be pro-active and able to work well with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively, up to 60% of the time.
- Experience in contract negotiation.
- Strong and proven relationships with regional commercial payers and the Medicare arena.
- Ability to identify, develop, communicate and execute on business strategies based on segment opportunities.
- Ability to work in coordination with other departments
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 7 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off