- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience with ETL development, data modeling, data warehousing and applying analytics
- Experience with SQL using databases like MySQL, Redshift or similar
- Experience in data visualization tools using Excel, Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI or similar
- Excellent data presentation skills and demonstrated ability to successfully partner with business and technical teams
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and visionary people. We are looking for a highly analytical Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Amazon’s central Accounting Business Intelligence and Analytics team.
Accounting is launching a BI team to help with data ingestion from business across amazon, with partners across Retail, Finance systems, Seller Services, Transportation and various other business and financial teams. One of their main mission is to deliver end-to-end automated solutions for our accountants.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time) and, above all, is passionate about data and analytics. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions, and the ability to work with technology, product development, finance, and business teams.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as a BIE, Data Engineer or related with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting from large datasets
- Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, Dynamo DB, S3, Redshift, and RDS
- Expert in tuning SQL scripts
- Experience with Python, R, VBA, or other automation-focused languages
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.