Sodexo in partnership with the Providence School District is seeking an experienced Food Production Manager to oversee and grow our Sodexo programs with a focus on Front Of House operations for 10-12 of 60 schools in the district. The successful candidate will have a proven background in culinary preparation and presentation with exceptional customer service.
The Food Production manager will be responsible for the day to day food production process including implementation of Sodexo programs, ordering and inventory, managing shifts and food preparation. The ideal candidate for this position will also have experience with FOH management, ordering and inventory, experience with menu development, managing employee culinary training and development and previous culinary experience. Knowledge of Sodexo's Food Management System (FMS) and Market Connections is preferred. This is a Monday - Friday, 47 week working position but must be flexible to work full year and weekends as needed.
Your success will be measured by:
Ensuring that all Sodexo, safety and HAACP standards are adhered to
Controlling food costs and waste
Increased culinary skills of the staff
This is a great opportunity to enter into Sodexo's School Food Service segment and build the necessary skills to grow into roles with additional responsibility. The preferred candidate understands Sodexo systems, processes and programs including food management, and physical/food safety qualification.
The best qualified candidate will have strong organizational skills, experience using Excel, and experience building and maintaining relationships with vendors and purveyors.
Connect with this recruiter on LinkedIn or Twitter . Please visit our Network with Us page and consider signing up for our Career Connections eNewsletter.
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices Click HERE.
Check our Sodexo Culinary Website http://inmykitchen.sodexo.com/index.html and www.SodexoChefJobs.com microsite.
Become a member of Sodexo Careers LinkedIn group at http://linkd.in/Ut7ULI and join our Sodexo LinkedIn Culinary group.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.