Part-time, 28 hours/week, Evening/Night rotation (3:00pm - 11:30pm, 11:00pm - 7:30am), every other weekend required
Part-time benefits eligible
Expected Starting Salary Range:
17.91 - 21.55
Scope of Work
Coordination of patients and visitors within a unit to ensure operations run efficiently. Positions in this subfunction may monitor or maintain patient or visitor information or bring patients to and from the unit.
- Receipt, recording, and notification of ill calls. Management of PTO Hotline. Real-time updates to Kronos for inpatient staffing. Receipt, recording, and dispatching of after-hours formula requests. Receipt & request for agency interpreters during non-business hours of Interpreter Services. Dispatch management of Patient Escort Tracking system. Serves as a resource.
- Provide administrative assistance and support of the analysis function within a department and/or division. May run bimonthly, annual and/or ad-hoc reports analysis. Assist in the development of presentations/materials.
- Communication - General
- Effectively demonstrate communication skills related to conveying relevant information. Develop and maintain efficient internal communication processes to support the activities of the department/program. Openly communicate across many departments regarding clinical, patient care, physical and/or material resources. Keep key leadership, administrative staff and other stakeholders fully informed of projected and actual developments in a timely manner. Prioritize multiple requests for information. Assemble and distribute material for project communications if necessary.
- Data Management II
- Maintain, monitor, organize, input, and/or ensure integrity of data and/or records. May audit data as necessary to ensure accuracy. Generate reports as needed and disseminate to appropriate individuals. May improve/maintain processes, operations, and/or performance using available data or assist in this process. May provide data collection, input, mining, and/or analysis. Respond to, process, and/or track all related requests. May assist in automating existing processes or recommend changes to management.
- Operations Management I
- Monitor and respond to situations that affect daily operations. Provide input in the development, maintenance and oversight of program policies and procedures. Provide input on planning, evaluating and/or implementing programs and/or procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No directly related experience
- Experience working in hospital administration
- Customer service experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Cincinnati Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA).