Global OTC Leader - IT
United States (US)
Here at Avanos Medical, we passionately believe in three things:
Making a difference in our products, services and offers, never ceasing to fight for groundbreaking solutions in everything we do;
Making a difference in how we work and collaborate, constantly nurturing our nimble culture of innovation;
Having an impact on the healthcare challenges we all face, and the lives of people and communities around the world.
At Avanos you will find an environment that strives to be independent and different, one that supports and inspires you to excel and to help change what medical devices can deliver, now and in the future.
Avanos is a medical device company focused on delivering clinically superior breakthrough solutions that will help patients get back to the things that matter. We are committed to creating the next generation of innovative healthcare solutions which will address our most important healthcare needs, such as reducing the use of opioids while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we develop, manufacture and market recognized brands in more than 90 countries. Avanos Medical is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol AVNS. For more information, visit www.avanos.com .
The Global OTC (Order-to-Cash) leader is responsible for partnering globally with OTC stakeholders at Avanos to deliver strategic business imperatives through the delivery of IT solutions and services. Reporting to the Associate Director of Customer Enablement, this position is accountable for establishing a strong collaborative partnership with global leaders in all customer facing functions (Sales, Customer Service, AR/AP, Pricing etc.). The individual will assist in shaping strategy and supporting overall OTC performance through the effective use of IT solutions and maximizing Avanos’ SAP investment. This position will also be expected to drive the increased use of OTC. Pricing/Chargeback and EDI best practices and harmonized business processes across Avanos in partnership with business leaders. The individual will play a key role in understanding business operations and strategies, gathering business requirements, performing use case analysis, providing functional support for IT applications and services, supporting functional and user acceptance testing, and providing project management and coordination with the goal of delivering expected business outcomes. Other key requirements of the position are to provide expert level functional and technical oversight for a team of IT business partners, proactively identify issues with project plans (timeline, resources, funding), and drive solutions to address such issues. Additional responsibilities include creating resource workplans, effort-level and budgetary estimates, business cases, and status reports, as well as executing all projects within approved timelines and budgets, building and maintaining a high performing IT team, managing and developing talent, and creating a culture based upon shared accountability and agility.
- Serve as the primary face of IT to the Order-to-Cash functions and develop collaborative partnerships with customer facing leaders and key stakeholders that drive improved business outcomes by identifying opportunities to shape and realize the full potential of IT investments.
- Support the collaborative development of a strategic roadmap for OTC functions by contributing a thorough understanding of current processes, needs, and challenges into the discussion, and seeking to fully leverage existing IT investments.
- Provide functional knowledge of current and future business processes and functional/technical expertise in the IT services/applications that support them.
- Work with business stakeholders to document and analyze business requirements, identify and recommend solutions, and create relevant business cases informed by the overall IT strategy.
- Provide functional support, knowledge transfer, and training on business facing applications
- Collaborate with the larger IT organization for solution delivery.
- Maximize the value of ERP and other investments by driving adoption of best practices and recommending standardized solutions to address specific requirements.
- Plan and execute approved projects within budget/timeline and track benefit realization.
- Provide project management, coordination, and oversight for key projects; including the creation of project work plans, resource plans, contingency plans, risk assessments, and test plans. Proactively manage conflicts and issues and drive timely resolution.
- Provide expert level functional and technical oversight as well as leadership for the team of IT business partners that support the operations management function.
- Effectively develop, mentor, and manage talent to consistently deliver business results and build future IT leadership capability.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA, BS or Master’s degree in a Computer Science or Information systems related discipline
- 10+ years of blended software analysis/design, implementation, and support experience
- 7+ years of experience working in a broad-scope Order-to-Cash related IT role
- Deep understanding of OTC, EDI, ecommerce and industry standards/best practices and emerging IT technologies and architectures
- Global Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, or Health Care technology experience strongly desired
- Experience across multiple architecture environments including SAP, Vistex and other applications
- Project management expertise demonstrated by implementation experience in large global SAP projects as well as other applications
- Proven ability to drive business transformation thru Business Process Continuous Improvement (CI), Lean, and Six Sigma, leveraging IT solutions.
- Ability to interact at the highest levels of the organization and engage stakeholders appropriately
- Ability to develop and articulate business vision, roadmaps and value propositions
- Ability to organize and lead technical projects, cross functional teams, and external vendors.
- Able to establish collaborative relationships with business and IT leaders, as well as technology subject matter experts
- Experience working in a global organization across the full range of SDLC business processes: requirements, design, development, testing and deployment
- Leadership experience with a globally responsible team, demonstrating the ability to grow talent and promote a culture of accountability, excellence, and agility.
Avanos Medical is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a current employee of Avanos, please apply here .
Join us at Avanos
Join us and you can make a difference in our products, solutions and our culture. Most of all, you can make a difference in the lives, people, and communities around the world.
Make your career count
Our commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of others begins with our employees – through a comprehensive and competitive range of benefits. We provide more than just a salary – our Total Rewards package encompasses everything you receive as an employee; your pay, health care benefits, retirement plans and work/life benefits.
free onsite gym | onsite cafeteria | 401(k) + 6% match | immediate vesting | benefits on day 1 | uncapped sales commissions | HQ region voted ‘best place to live’ by USA Today