- Web Services
- Organizational Skills
- Software Development
- Communication Skills
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst (Data)
Position Summary: Performs the business and technical analysis required to establish a technology and impact assessment for determining the feasibility of systems and solutions. Supports the deployment and implementation of systems as well as complex programs and related specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs the business and technical analysis required to develop technical specifications, procedures manuals, and implementation guides necessary for all systems and solutions.
2. Develops appropriate data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionaries, business and technical processes, message formats, transaction flows, and other documents as required.
3. Monitors task completion and produces periodic reports that document the progress.
4. Develops recommended courses of action regarding how to proceed with full functional development of systems, including business and functional requirements and technological solutions that could be utilized to implement such systems.
5. Works with jurisdictions, company Committees, Federal Agencies, and other stakeholders to translate functional requirements into system design specifications.
6. Coordinates, develops and monitors implementation of pilot projects, providing technical assistance, coordination, training and other services.
7. Assists with the development of the base statements of work and project definitions that document the projects background and the Working Groups mission, goals, guiding principles and work plan.
8. Develops impact assessment surveys for member jurisdictions.
9. Collects and analyzes information on the anticipated costs for efforts and other impacts of implementing systems.
10. Performs pre- and post- evaluation of pilot projects including cost benefit analysis, specification changes, assessment and estimation of user traffic volumes, and acquisition planning.
11. Reviews proposals, evaluating for technical solution soundness, feasibility, resource estimates, constraints, and operational impacts.
12. Develops reports to Congress and Federal Agencies documenting the findings related to company systems efforts.
Direct Reports to this Position: None
Formal Education: Four year degree from accredited college or university with a computer science, business administration, public administration (or other related field), equivalent work experience may be substituted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Minimum 6 years solid, progressive experienced in business analysis, systems analysis and design in large-scale projects across multiple organizations
2. Proficiency in writing technical documentation
3. Experience in documenting business processes and requirements
4. Experience with web services, UML and XML is highly desired
5. Experience with agile processes for software development is highly desired
6. Experience with writing user stories in agile projects is highly desired Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
7. Must be able to work independently and as an effective team member Development and presentation of briefings to stakeholders
8. Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
9. Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality customer deliverables
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
11. Proven ability to capture customer requirements and develop a concept of operations based on customer's needs
12. Must be able to obtain a moderate risk Federal public trust clearance. The public trust clearance process authorizes the Federal government to perform background investigation for identifying negative criminal, medical, and financial findings. It should be understood that if an offer for employment is accepted that continued employment in the position is contingent upon obtaining the clearance.
Experience in project development working with self-directed work group, in structured analysis and full life cycle management. Some travel required.