Tired of the same old routine at your current job and looking for a change? Do you like the outdoors? Have you ever wanted to work with monkeys?! If so, come join PPLLC in beautiful, sunny SW Florida. Primate Products is a private CDC approved quarantine facility that houses over 2500 non-human primates who need your help!
The purpose of the position is to provide husbandry, health care and research support for monkeys housed at PPLLC. The primary function of this position is to learn/sharpen the ability to perform the manual and technical tasks directly related to the care of macaques who live in large social groups. The area of work assignment and specific tasks will vary, depending on animal population and care requirements, service requirements, staffing needs and the individual’s knowledge.
· Character, diligence, compassion for the animals, and honesty are of paramount importance to an individual applying for this position
· Must have at least 6 months direct work-related experience with animals, OR Certification at the Assistant laboratory animal Technician level (ALAT) OR 2 years of indirect laboratory animal experience, OR be a CVT (a huge plus!)
· Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions
· Ability to communicate effectively in oral and/or written formats with both technical and professional staff
· Ability to assist with research support at the level that the individual is trained
· Research support must be performed in a professional manner and will require contact with investigative staff
· Ability to perform general animal husbandry duties and assist investigative staff with needs as requested
· A valid Driver's License
· Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
· Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
Apply here online. Please be sure to upload a cover letter, resume and references.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required