$300 Sign On Bonus
To Provide security by building relationships based on Trust, Teamwork, and Responsibility.
"For RMI, quality service is tied to its core values. In all areas of business, we seek to establish and maintain relationships that are based on trust, teamwork, and responsibility. RMI's hands-on philosophy to our customer's security needs has contributed to its present success. RMI remains committed to providing all its customers with personalized service."
RMI International is seeking Emergency Service Personnel (Firefighters and EMT’s) that are responsible, courteous professionals with good customer service skills.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
The starting salary for an EMT is $16.00 hourly.
General Description and Classification Standards:
The purpose of this position is to protect the lives and property of a Steel Manufacturing Facility in Butler, PA area by enforcing all company guidelines and procedures that are set in place. This position provides assistance and support to the Steel Manufacturing Plant with a variety of Emergency and Non-Emergency needs including but not limited to fire prevention, firefighting, Company Safety Education, Hands-on company safety through hands on initiatives, Emergency Medical Services, Confined Space Rescue Teams, and Hazardous Materials Response.
This is an experienced, skilled, or technical level capable of carrying out most assignments typical of the position or specialty with limited review. This level would be considered a promotional level and attainable by any incumbents in a work group who demonstrate the necessary knowledge, ability, and performance.
Works under the supervision of a Fire Lieutenant and follows standard and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This job requires extensive medical knowledge and emergency services training, as well as a valid PA or National Registry EMT certification. You will be working in a clinical setting that responds to emergencies on the property of the client. Direction will be given by the on-duty medical staff, communication with the client’s medical director, and of course you must work within the guidelines of BLS protocols.
This position is in an industrial health services clinic, The Industrial EMT will be trained to specialize in assessing workplace health and safety issues in the workplace and providing medical aid to persons who are injured or become ill in the workplace.
Health Services EMT- Job Description
Coordinates the health and safety services with current health services staff. Works closely with the client while representing RMI. Responds to emergencies, treats injuries, and makes referrals/notifications, as needed, in accordance with appropriate rules, regulations, and protocols. Collaborates with employer on strategies for the prevention of work-related and environmental injuries. Scope of responsibility may vary based on your certification levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in utilization of Occupational Health and Safety. Independently able to perform clerical and clinical functions. Documents patient assessment and disposition.
- Assesses patient condition/injury and provides first aid treatment consistent with scope of practice and standing orders. Recommends next level of care, when appropriate, based upon extent of injury/illness.
- Assists in the coordination of care of work-related injury/illness which may include scheduling follow-up visits with a provider or setting up medical transport including contacting receiving facility with patient demographics and needed information.
- Selects, applies, and educates patients on durable medical equipment as directed by provider (i.e., wraps, splints, braces, crutches).
- Provides appropriate patient education through teach back and reviews with patient standard care instructions.
- Arranges for patients ordered diagnostic tests by completing necessary paperwork and scheduling of appointments.
- Performs and documents clinical procedures related to OSHA medical surveillance programs (i.e., audiograms, EKGs, spirometry, respirator fit testing, vision tests, etc.).
- Assists with employer drug and alcohol testing.
- Assists employees with general health and safety including blood pressure monitoring, safety gear maintenance, and other related items.
- Responds to on-site medical emergencies and coordinates medical transport when necessary.
- Maintains current and accurate communication with employer regarding work-related injuries and other areas, as needed.
- This is not a licensed ambulance service; we are to assist with on scene first aid care then through notifications and communication or current protocols make the best decision for further care.
- Ensures inspections, calibrations, and/or quality controls are maintained per manufacturer guidelines or department guidelines.
- Conducts routine safety rounds with employer team members to identify injury prevention opportunities.
- Industrial Clinician-Occupational Health
- Completes monthly inspections and accurate record keeping of AED and other medical/safety equipment. Assists with restocking medical supplies.
- Ensures patient care areas are clean and adequately stocked with unexpired medical supplies and has equipment that is in good working condition. Properly handles, stores, and cleans instruments, equipment, and supplies per manufacturer guidelines
- Identifies opportunities for improvement or further engagement with the employer and works with RMI leaders to develop and execute action plans.
- Performs recordkeeping and clerical duties, as needed.
- Performs at or above the predetermined percentage on all yearly audits.
- Minimum Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience
- Minimum Education:
- Certificate of completion (degree or diploma) from an accredited program (see below)
- Required Certification:
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) certification OR Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT)
- AND Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
RMI is a multi-state security company that offers competitive wages, paid time off, 401k, and medical and dental benefits. Uniforms, vehicles and training are provided.'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- EMT Certification (Required)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location